Electric Guitar Lessons

Feel free to get outside the box here.
bluecrz

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:19 pm

First of all, I LOVE the format of the guitar lessons on this site. I have learned more in the short period of time I have been here than all other sites combined! There are a LOT of cool songs here that I want to learn to play, but almost all of them are ACOUSTIC lessons only. I know that a lot of what I learn can be applied to the electric guitar, but I was wondering if there are any plans in the near future to add lessons specific to the electric guitar?

Bluecrz

coomba

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:11 pm

G'day bluecrz

I also enjoy my electric guitar
Matt can correct me if I'm wrong here!
TG has ventured into some purely electric lessons in the past but I don't think you will see many more here at TG .
TG is definitely more of an acoustic site but as you said everything you learn here can be played with you electric guitar.
Having said that there are a couple of fantastic lessons here that are specifically electric guitar for example,
Guns and Roses "Sweet Cild 'O Mine and
ACDC You shook me all night long
There are a couple more but I can't recall them right now but these two are great lessons that will keep you busy,They are both in the Target section and I strongly recommend them.

I don't know if you have an acoustic guitar, I hope you do or can get hold of one as In my opinion its better to learn on an acoustic anyway. I know that when I learn a technique
on my acoustic and then play what I have learned on my electric I usually find it much easier to play ie an acoustic will make you a much better electric player IMHO.

At TG's last live show this question was asked and Matt did mention something about some other project that he's working on regarding electric guitar so stay tuned ya never know whats around the corner here at TG.

Cheers Scott

bluecrz

Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:48 pm

I do have an acoustic and I am more advanced on it than my electric. The couple of acoustic lessons I have done here (free lessons) were fantastic. I am planning on joining the Target program soon. Thanks for the information!

TGMatt

Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:15 am

coomba wrote:
G'day bluecrz

I also enjoy my electric guitar
Matt can correct me if I'm wrong here!
TG has ventured into some purely electric lessons in the past but I don't think you will see many more here at TG .
TG is definitely more of an acoustic site but as you said everything you learn here can be played with you electric guitar.
Having said that there are a couple of fantastic lessons here that are specifically electric guitar for example,
Guns and Roses "Sweet Cild 'O Mine and
ACDC You shook me all night long
There are a couple more but I can't recall them right now but these two are great lessons that will keep you busy,They are both in the Target section and I strongly recommend them.

I don't know if you have an acoustic guitar, I hope you do or can get hold of one as In my opinion its better to learn on an acoustic anyway. I know that when I learn a technique
on my acoustic and then play what I have learned on my electric I usually find it much easier to play ie an acoustic will make you a much better electric player IMHO.

At TG's last live show this question was asked and Matt did mention something about some other project that he's working on regarding electric guitar so stay tuned ya never know whats around the corner here at TG.

Cheers Scott
Thx Scott as always mate

WHat he said !!

Get an acoustic, and honestly I have 4 electrics. and you can play all of this on electric, what we think are e;lectric songs, are usually electric leads..so learn on an acoustic a song then ham it up on the electric after..

Music Junkie

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:56 am

TGMatt wrote:
honestly I have 4 electrics. and you can play all of this on electric, what we think are e;lectric songs, are usually electric leads..so learn on an acoustic a song then ham it up on the electric after..
You sound like me Matt. Course in my case, I cannot justify any of them by my playing skills..... :woohoo:

They sure look nice though..... :laugh: :laugh:

J

rdowner

Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:09 pm

I just saw a great electric guitar lesson on 'intros, riffs, and licks." (or something like that). It was for "Walk This Way" by Aerosmith. Check that out. I think you will like it.

Ron

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic