Improvement suggestions

Feel free to get outside the box here.
rdowner

Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:32 pm

First, let me say I love the content of this site. I have never met Neil, but feel he is an old friend based on the number of hours he has talked to me, and I do hope to meet him someday. Also, the TG community is also wonderful, supportive, and helpful.

Maybe it is because I am relatively new and unfamiliar, but the way the site is organized is often frustrating. I am an enterprise solution architect for Siemens and have a few suggestions:
1) Once logged in, as a Target member, I would like all 'sales' information, links, videos, etc. hidden from my UI. Like right now, I see "join for free" in the left hand menu bar, and "Pay Per Lesson", and "Free Lessons" on the top menu.
2) It would be good if you could add certain lesson to a list of favorites or curriculum so you could go to that list and not have to search for your lesson via Bands -> Performer name -> Song name every time. That is a long list. That is what I thought "My Lessons" was. Now I get it - that this must be for people who have purchased lessons.
3) The "Bands" list of lessons is very long (thanks Neil!), but it is often displlayed in my browsers as a VERY narrow, very long list. Can that page be cleaned up, or could that list be orgainzed differently?
4) Why do lessons which are already on the target list of available lessons, still show up in the "most requested list"? Maybe you want to show that what people want is already on target - but if that list doesnt help one figure out which *non-target* request have the most votes, which is what I would like to know.
5) Am I limited to suggesting one lesson forever? I have suggested one lesson (Sugar Sugar - in my life by John Fogerty), but do not seem to be able to suggest another.

Thanks for listening (reading).

Ron

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi Ron
I'm sure the back room boys are listening and will answer soon.
5) Am I limited to suggesting one lesson forever? I have suggested one lesson (Sugar Sugar - in my life by John Fogerty), but do not seem to be able to suggest another.
That can't be right.... you can suggest as many songs as you like, I have suggested several. MAybe check that out again, should be easy.
Chris

AndyT

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:41 pm

rdowner wrote:

2) It would be good if you could add certain lesson to a list of favorites or curriculum so you could go to that list and not have to search for your lesson...
You will find this in the left hand menu under 'My Favorites'

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic