suggestion for a lesson

Feel free to get outside the box here.
mainbrace

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:34 am

'Play Me' by Neil Diamond is a fantastic song, but I have never been able to master the fingerpicking that is used in the original recording. I have tried for years to get a copy of the tab for the song - without success. Can Totally Guitars do it in a lesson format, or does anyone out there have the tab?

sbutler

Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:20 pm

Main Brace,,

Just saw your post and remembered how neat a song that was, so I looked for you.

I couldn't find then entire chord progression, but I believe based on what I've learned here at TG, that it could be in the key of G or D.

I found a video on youtube, of Neil doing Play Me Live and it sounds like or would be close enough (to my ear anyway) that he starts on a D maj chord.

So with your third finger on the high E string, ring finger on the B, middle finger on the G,

Do thumb D string
index G string
middle B string
thumb G string
third E string
second B string

That sounds really close to the pattern that I heard, I would have to spend more time to get the chords, but its in the Key of G, with Neils theory lessons, its not hard to figure out.

Hope that gets you started,

Scott

AndyT

Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:21 pm

Hello

I actually suggested this a couple of days ago. I am going to a music store soon to see if they have the tabs. I'll get back to you.

Yes, it is in D, I think. It has two sharps and is in 3/4 time. I have Neil's songbook, but no tabs!

Samster

sbutler

Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:45 pm

I see Mr Hogan is watch as I type and I also see that I fat fingered when I type the last time.

My last sentance should have said IF its in the key of G. But may be D as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic