James Taylor

Feel free to get outside the box here.
mywilkes

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Why in the world aren't there more songs by James Taylor. He is one of American pop's greatest guitar players. I saw a tease for "You Can Close Your Eyes" on Youtube, but still no lesson. I;m sure I'm not the only one who would jump at a collection lie the one for Paul simon. What gives?

haoli25

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:10 pm

A few D's and A's with hammer-ons and through in an occassional G and B minor and you're there! :) :)

There are some JT lessons in the program.

Bill

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:34 pm

mywilkes wrote:
Why in the world aren't there more songs by James Taylor. He is one of American pop's greatest guitar players. I saw a tease for "You Can Close Your Eyes" on Youtube, but still no lesson. I;m sure I'm not the only one who would jump at a collection lie the one for Paul simon. What gives?
Yeah, I often wonder why Neil doesn't fulfil my every wish ... even if he doesn't know about it.
I guess he must get sidelined all the time with those other couple hundred lessons he pumped out ... next to all the video reviews and ..... well... I guess he eats some days....

TGMatt

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:42 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
mywilkes wrote:
Yeah, I often wonder why Neil doesn't fulfil my every wish ... even if he doesn't know about it.
I guess he must get sidelined all the time with those other couple hundred lessons he pumped out ... next to all the video reviews and ..... well... I guess he eats some days....
Neil does not get to eat if I can help it.. ;)

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:50 pm

Matt, we need teach Neil a little astral projection here...... :-)

Mywilkes, did you see JT's website... he teaches stuff there and even HE doesn't teach you his songs! :-)

haoli25

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:53 pm

TGMatt wrote:
Neil does not get to eat if I can help it.. ;)

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE NEIL???? :P

unclewalt

Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:07 pm

What a strange complaint, and a strange way to frame it. Taylor's a fine player I suppose, but is he really even considered a "guitarist," as such? He's a singer-songwriter, and most of his songs are musically very simple. Not that there shouldn't be lessons for some of them, but if you want one, you could always ask, rather than petulantly asking "what gives" as if not having James Taylor songs were the oddest thing in the world -- on a site where there are hundreds of great lessons to choose from. Are there other sites that have this many lessons for actual songs? Or even a tenth of what's here?

From what I've seen, there is a legit complaint that some of the promo YouTube videos say there are lessons in here that actually aren't (though they will be at some point). But even so, once you get here and see what's available, even that complaint seems misplaced. For every lesson you wish were in here, but isn't, there are three that you want even more.

willem

Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:47 am

I understand that everybody has his favorite meal and it is nice to eat that with our favorite chef coke,,he makes it so spicy...oh then to choose from the menu chart would be easy...

willem

Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:05 am

haoli25 wrote:
A few D's and A's with hammer-ons and through in an occassional G and B minor and you're there! :) :)

There are some JT lessons in the program.

Bill

hI BILL i love the basses too

coomba

Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:55 am

I can do a few D's ,G's and Hammer'ons along with a few B;s and A's but I sure can't play like James Taylor.
I thought only Aussies practiced tall poppy
Cheers Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic