Neil you are the best! Thank you!

Feel free to get outside the box here.
gchapel

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:34 pm

I just want to say how much I have enjoyed some of the recent lessons Neil put together.

Lessons like Stray Cat Strut, The Jethro Tull set, Walk Don't Run, and Birthday are excellent examples of some of Neil's best. I especially enjoy these because I am trying to learn more lead guitar on an electric guitar. I have been playing both acoustic and electric guitar almost everyday for the last year and a half. Neil's lessons inspired me and have helped me to get over the beginner's hump to advance to the point where I can actually make music and have fun doing it.

I would like to see more lessons like these where you have both rhythm sections, lead sections and discuss the electric lead lines which are usually included in the guitar pro files. I get the most benefit from this type of lesson.

I would love to see Neil break out the electric, I know that this is a primarily an acoustic site but I haven't found another instructor as good as Neil for teaching real fundamentals.

So my list of things I would like to see are:

1) Neil break out the electric.
2) More Mark Knopfler, Death Cab for Cutie, Stevie Ray Vaughn, David Gilmour leads
3) More advanced lead work and techniques included with rhythm lessons.

Thanks again Neil and keep up the good work. You are a great guitarist and a phenomenal teacher.

tovo

Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Thanks to Neil, I am learning to play with a metronome. He's a fine teacher and the shirts ain't bad either!

Sam

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic