Is Neil really The Dude?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
fortdick

Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:10 pm

After rewatching the Big Lebowski for the zillionth time, I realized that Neil must be the Dude in real life. Remember the scene in the taxi where The Dude is complaining to the driver to turn off the Eagles? "C'mon Man! I hate the Eagles! Ya got any Creedence?"

Why does Neil have like 25 CCR songs and one Eagles? I think he is the Dude.

willem

Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:07 pm

what you think abaut the released Beatles tunes,,i 'm glad with it,, i heard someone say,''learn all the beatles tunes and your there'',, i think he is the dude,,well it looks..

Music Junkie

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:23 pm

fortdick wrote:
After rewatching the Big Lebowski for the zillionth time, I realized that Neil must be the Dude in real life. Remember the scene in the taxi where The Dude is complaining to the driver to turn off the Eagles? "C'mon Man! I hate the Eagles! Ya got any Creedence?"

Why does Neil have like 25 CCR songs and one Eagles? I think he is the Dude.
LMBO...... :laugh:

I don't think The Dude was a fan of progressive rock though, so there might be a hole in your theory...... :P

Some more Eagles would be welcomed though......Seven Bridges Road.......hint, hint,.......just sayin'........... B)

MJ

neverfoundthetime

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:32 pm

..... if he pays you a visit and leaves with your Persian rug... he's the Dude all right!

beaker

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:02 pm

Music preference's aside, Neil most definitely is A Dude but without seeing him take prodigious gulps of milk straight from the carton (and seeing how much was spilt all over his moustache), I could not be sure if he is THE Dude.

lueders

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:24 pm

Interesting premise and quite entertaining...I think both Neil and the Dude are laid- back, easy-going, unflappable individuals. Also, both seem to prefer sandals in manly footwear.

However, "the Dude" as Sam Elliot narrates in the movie " might be the laziest individual in all of Los Angeles County...which puts him strongly in contention for laziest individual word-wide."
Whereas Neil, just posted like six or seven lessons in one week...The Dude had no work ethic. Neil does.
Also, I think Neil is more of a small to mid-sized town lovin', Northern California guy all the way.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic