Intro to Diamond Girl by Seals and Crofts

Feel free to get outside the box here.
greel

Sun May 01, 2011 6:51 pm

Can anyone tell what the chord progression on the guitar is in the video? I'm just looking at the intro. where he starts down the neck at about the 9th fret or so, moving back up. Seems to be ending with G(7th fret) to D(7th fret) and C(5th fret), but I can't
make out the first chord.

Craig

Sun May 01, 2011 7:02 pm

Hmmm....it's a Dm-shape-chord, played in the 8th, 9th and 10th fret (I think), wich is an Am. Is that what you mean?

greel

Sun May 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Yes, that's it. I was playing an A there, but I think the Am is correct. Thanks for the help.

JHall

Sun May 01, 2011 7:48 pm

You're welcome! ;)

lueders

Sun May 01, 2011 8:58 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Hmmm....it's a Dm-shape-chord, played in the 8th, 9th and 10th fret (I think), which is an Am. Is that what you mean?
Say Vanessa...
I have a Savage Rivale GTS which is currently in the shop, where it spends most of its time. The problem is that as soon as the temperature drops below 40 or 50 degrees, it won't start. I've done all the usual -- wires, plugs, cap, rotor, etc. Even the mechanic can't figure it out, because it seems to be electrical. It doesn't get a spark in the cold, yet it starts fine in warm weather. Any ideas?

Also, I could use some sound financial advice about mutual funds...

One more thing,I know you live in Holland, but could you explain the American electoral college. It is all Greek to me...

LOL! You continue to impress with your fretboard genius Vanessa. How long did the Seals & Croft question take you
to diagnose...a couple seconds? LOL! Just wanted to see if the genius translated to everything else...HA!HA!

RicksPick

Mon May 02, 2011 6:20 am

Hahaha :laugh:! You're a funny man Cori! :P

lueders wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Hmmm....it's a Dm-shape-chord, played in the 8th, 9th and 10th fret (I think), which is an Am. Is that what you mean?
Say Vanessa...
I have a Savage Rivale GTS which is currently in the shop, where it spends most of its time. The problem is that as soon as the temperature drops below 40 or 50 degrees, it won't start. I've done all the usual -- wires, plugs, cap, rotor, etc. Even the mechanic can't figure it out, because it seems to be electrical. It doesn't get a spark in the cold, yet it starts fine in warm weather. Any ideas?

Also, I could use some sound financial advice about mutual funds...

One more thing,I know you live in Holland, but could you explain the American electoral college. It is all Greek to me...

LOL! You continue to impress with your fretboard genius Vanessa. How long did the Seals & Croft question take you
to diagnose...a couple seconds? LOL! Just wanted to see if the genius translated to everything else...HA!HA!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic