Hector Garcia Lessons

Feel free to get outside the box here.
cavi

Wed May 04, 2011 5:40 pm

I personally love the stuff Hector as contributed. I would love to see a couple more pieces like the Irish dance that sound great, and are shorter. I know the Irish dance is listed as a 1, but anyone who has plaied it knows it is more like a 3.
the other stuff is great, but still a couple more shorter pieces that one could tackle as a smaller task would be great. For example, I love the Canon, but it is long and relativly difficult as a whole, I am learning it but it takes time. Just like Classical Gas it is fantastic, but it has taken me over 6 months to tackle the intro and part A alone, and they sound great but alone they are incomplete.

jim56

Sat May 28, 2011 2:47 pm

I too enjoy Hector's music and lessons, do we know when he will return?

cavi

Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:53 pm

Bump...

TGNeil

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:12 pm

Another great reminder for us to coerce him back to the world of guitar playing and TG. I'll see what I can do.

Neil

cavi

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:11 pm

Without wanting to hurt your feelings, but hector is probably 75% of the reason I stay here with you. I know this sounds bad but I am one of what you might call a "problem child". I love playin classical music, I love playing rock, but I really really cannot sing, so I always come back to the classical style, as the rock ends up distracting me from the classical. If I had more time or more discipline I might be able to do both, but I have to be honest.
I would love to get better and play more of a tommy Emmanuel style, but I am not quite there yet, so for now it is classical. I love the stuff Hector did in the past but it would be great to have a few more short pieces such as the irish Dance or lagrima.
Anyway, let him know we not only miss him, but maybe put a little guilt trip on him that he started something and he now has a following that he doesnot want to dissapoint...
Hell, blame me personally!!!!!!

jim56

Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:39 pm

cavi wrote:
Without wanting to hurt your feelings, but hector is probably 75% of the reason I stay here with you. I know this sounds bad but I am one of what you might call a "problem child". I love playin classical music, I love playing rock, but I really really cannot sing, so I always come back to the classical style, as the rock ends up distracting me from the classical. If I had more time or more discipline I might be able to do both, but I have to be honest.
I would love to get better and play more of a tommy Emmanuel style, but I am not quite there yet, so for now it is classical. I love the stuff Hector did in the past but it would be great to have a few more short pieces such as the irish Dance or lagrima.
Anyway, let him know we not only miss him, but maybe put a little guilt trip on him that he started something and he now has a following that he doesnot want to dissapoint...
I'll second that! Although I'm a bit partial for John Renbourn. :) The classical pieces are really fun to play and not many can play them. A piece called the The Frog Galliard would be a joy to learn and play.

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:17 pm

I too would like to see Hector return to the fold. He added another dimension to the site and I enjoyed the change.

willem

Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:07 am

cavi wrote:

I think Neil loves classical too and it would be nice to see the two friends together or something like that...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic