I'M SORRY BUT ...

Feel free to get outside the box here.
AndyT

Tue May 24, 2011 5:02 am

I have NO complaint!

We just moved this weekend to our new home. Still on Oahu in Hawaii, but up the mountain a bit. It's much cooler and far more peaceful than right down in the city next to the airport where we listened to sirens 24/7.

Well, our internet will not be turned on till Wednesday I'm told. So I'm currently using my Droid phone tethered to my notebook running Linux (Ubuntu 11). The bandwidth is not great, but because of the selections available on the lessons pages, I was able to choose a size and rez that I can still watch! Even over my phone! LOL.

Gotta hand it to you guys, TG just keeps getting better and better, even when its an 'older' modification.

Oh, and by the way.... TG Lite ROCKS! Just what I needed till my finances turn around. It's still a stretch, but one I'm making without reservation.

sbutler

Tue May 24, 2011 5:34 am

Andy, what are you doing up this time of night?

Glad to hear your postive attitude. Up the mountain a bit would sound just fine to me. You still aren't far from the beach if you have to go.

Nice to see things are going your way.

Scott

willem

Tue May 24, 2011 7:17 am

Its now that i noticed you aren't a target member anymore,,did you hang your badge in the trees??? glad you stayed with us and you can look above us now on that moutain,,,i know your plans!!!! Andy.

Willem

AndyT

Wed May 25, 2011 12:27 am

Scott,
Thanks. Things are slowly looking up. But at least they are getting better.

Willem,
Yeah, not Target anymore. I just noticed, I lost my founding member badge as well. I thought that one was mine to keep. Oh well. Back to practicing.

thedancer

Wed May 25, 2011 1:28 am

Hi AndyT
I can tell by what you say that you were proud to be a target founding member and show your badge.
I think they have made an error in taking it away and it will be back as soon as they notice the error.
I would be interested to know what your opinion is on target light.
Dancer

AndyT

Wed May 25, 2011 2:07 am

I really like Target Lite. In some ways it's better than the full blown Target membership. Target has so much that its hard to keep a focus on just one or two things. With Target Lite, I only have 2 choices each month to work on. I get to keep all my past choices so it adds up over time.

I don't get the Target only forum sections or the student channel, but I do get the busking sections which is almost as good because I can get feedback from many different people on my playing. Of course, in my case, I might need psychological help to get over my camera jitters... LOL

I really think Target Lite is the way to go if you have trouble keeping yourself to one or two things. In the long run, it will make you a better player by keeping you on just those two things till you actually get them down. I think I'll improve faster this way.

If you have any specific questions, just ask.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic