A couple of ideas

Feel free to get outside the box here.
leeson

Thu May 26, 2011 5:20 pm

I had a couple of suggestions for Neil
The first is that I think you should do a Meet Neil tour. I know it sounds like you might come across as arrogant and self promoting but not at all. It would be so cool for your thousands of students to not only say hello to you in person (maybe play a tune or two) but also it would bring TGers together which would also be really cool. This would be a great way to promote the sight and it would breed real loyalty amongst those who showed up. They would be lifers on TG (some of us already are)

The second thought is more related to teaching. It would be great if you could have lessons on lead and accentuation. Like in the Scarlet Begonias lesson you did with the student. The part I want to know is the part YOU were doing as he was playing the chords. Or in Touch of Grey (I love the Dead), you mentioned the parts Jerry does is all improv. THAT's the part I want to learn. You could turn a specific lesson into concepts on lead guitar like you often do. Knowing the scales doesn't seem to be enough for me to be able to play a good lead. I don't know if this is possible.
Just some thoughts.

Bill

beaker

Thu May 26, 2011 10:39 pm

Bill, I heartily agree with your suggestions. They are good ones! Beaker.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic