Not Happy

Feel free to get outside the box here.
dekotaj

Sat May 28, 2011 9:54 am

Between You and anita002
anita002

Hello Dear
How are you today,i hope you are fine. my name is Anita a single girl I saw your profile on(totallyguitars.com)and became interested in you,please contact me on my prevet email address([email protected]) I Have something important to tell you. hope to hear from you soon Your.s friend Anita.
Friday, 27 May 2011 15:39 anita002 Delete message

I sure hope this is not what I think it is.And if I'm wrong then I'm VERY SORRY!!!!
But if it is what I think it is.Then I'm not happy.I don't no how to E-mail to find out.But my Wife dose.She can face book with our boys.And has a cell phone,and is a secretary so she Types real good.She said she will take care of this.But what do you folks think is the best thing to do???????

Sorry to have to ask.But you all no I'm not very good at this computer stuff.So I'll have to ask for some HELP!!!!

Kevin

P.S. Dose anyone else get this crap???

willem

Sat May 28, 2011 9:57 am

YEs Kevin i got it too and i think others too,,,,i delete it!!!!!! sometimes i get this too in my private mail box,,,and yes you can geuss----deleteeeeeeeeeee..

sbutler

Sat May 28, 2011 9:59 am

Well Kevin, you must have a groupy.

Seriously though, I don't know how to deal with something like this. Obviously, you don't want to reply, but maybe there are some law enforcement agency's that deal with this type of scam.

I don't know, but hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Scott

jim56

Sat May 28, 2011 10:04 am

Got the same message this AM and immediately submitted a support ticket.

Hopefully the TG support team can stop this.

J

dekotaj

Sat May 28, 2011 10:06 am

Sorry folks

But it just sat wrong with me!And Yes let hope it not a sign of things to come.Thank you guys.I'll just delete it.

Kevin

neverfoundthetime

Sat May 28, 2011 10:31 am

Hi Kev, best reaction is to delete and ignore.
Support are informed so maybe they can help.
I have not seen this on TG before... just a couple of forum posts from spammers.
You can relax about it.
I get a lot of these things from Skype and on email. I just block the skype culprits and put the emails in the spambin.
I win the lottery nearyl every week and just have to give Mr. Numgumbo in Nigeria my personal account details and advance him a couple of grand and he'll be depositing 5 Mill in my account any day now because he's my friend, apparently. ;-)

dekotaj

Sat May 28, 2011 11:01 am

Thanks Chris.
Just make me want to turn this stupid box off.And not turn it back on if this is what I have to look forward to!!!
But I guess not to bad for a guy like me.I just use it to U-Tube and get on this site.So why let some sick person mess up my good times.
Kevin
P.S. Lisa says you folks are right just delete it!

RicksPick

Sat May 28, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi Kevin
These are just like the spam letters you get through your mail box
Just part of advitizing, someone trying to capture your dollar
Guess you dump letters in the recycle bin
Just hit delete
NEVER click on them

RicksPick

TGMike

Sat May 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi,

This sort of activity is unfortunately no different than what can occur in real life. Door to door salesman, junk mail, etc... Just because someone shows up at your door you don't let them in and it doesn't mean they know more information about you then they should. Don't let these occasional intrusions scare you.

When issues like this pop up we remove the user and ban. Usually through banning their computer's IP address it makes it hard for them to come right back.

Always just let us know through support when these detractors pop up and we will take care of them as quickly as we can. I hope you all have a good weekend and if you have any questions on this issue please don't hesitate. In the end one undesirable person became a TG user and contacted several others taking advantage of our regular communications but there is no security issue.

Thanks,
Mike

dekotaj

Sat May 28, 2011 1:24 pm

Thanks Mike.

Knew the good people here would take care of it..BRAVO!!To you.

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic