guitarpro

Feel free to get outside the box here.
jeanton

Tue May 31, 2011 3:30 am

I use a macBook Pro, I have downloaded Guitar Pro 6 (which is perfectly working with files available on the net) and it's impossible for me to read any of the guitar pro files provided by totally guitars. Somebody could help ?

Many thanks

Jeanton, Belgium

RicksPick

Tue May 31, 2011 9:09 am

Hi welcome Jeanton

Which files from which song ?
Could you put a link to the page here
So someone could test the file???
Ive never had any problems with these files.

RicksPick

Music Junkie

Tue May 31, 2011 11:55 am

jeanton wrote:
I use a macBook Pro, I have downloaded Guitar Pro 6 (which is perfectly working with files available on the net) and it's impossible for me to read any of the guitar pro files provided by totally guitars. Somebody could help ?

Many thanks

Jeanton, Belgium
Make sure you run the update. If you look in the help menu and check for updates, it might find that you need one. They are quite big and will take a while to download, but it should work. GP6 should open .gpx files and all previous versions.

Like Rick mentioned, let us know what specific file you are having trouble with and one of us with GP6 will give it a go and see what we come up with.... :)

MJ

Lavallee

Tue May 31, 2011 11:55 am

I think I remember a thread where the comment was to save the file first then open it with Guitar Pro

Marc

kerryjt

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:54 am

I use Guitar Pro on a Mac. You just need to ctrl-click the gpx file and then "save as" the gpro filename.

Works every time

jeanton

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:21 am

Many thanks for the answer. i've tried with a lot of gpx files provided by TG and none opened. I'm currently working ont the Stonses' Wild Horses, and I've the same problem.

I will try to utilize the "save as technique" mentioned in your post .

Thks again

Jeanton

skaladar

Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:56 am

Hi Jeanton,

I can’t really speak for MAC’s as I am a PC guy myself but I am quite sure saving the .gpx file, as has been suggested, will work for you. The other files for charts and tabs are Adobe pdf files. Adobe Reader (or Adobe Acrobat) portable document files are a widely used format with valid digital signatures for the associated browser plug-in for both MAC and PC. Guitar Pro files and the Guitar Pro application is not as widely used and do not have valid digital signatures or work as a browser plug-in. If you attempt to open a Guitar Pro file directly from a website it needs to launch the Guitar Pro program and on a PC, depending on your OS, it can be opened directly but you are presented with a security warning similar to this:

In both cases (.pdf or .gpx) you would need to save the files if you wanted to access them again without returning to the website anyway so I regularly save the files locally to avoid the security fuss and for ease of future access.

Hope that helps

♫ Ken ♫

skaladar

Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:56 pm

Here are the steps I use on an Imac:

1. Click on Totally Guitars GP file

2. Select "file" from the Menu bar

3. Select "Save AS" option

4. Select "Save"

5. Select "Don't append" option

Remember where you saved the file, I use a folder named "GP Tab"

Should now work....

Max

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:56 pm

I also have a MacBook Pro, and the only thing I do is:
OPTION CLICK on the GPX file and it downloads it to my downloads folder ( it happens very quickly, you might miss it. ) then go to your downloads folder and double click on the file and it will open right up.

Max

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic