Song Surgeon

Feel free to get outside the box here.
haoli25

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:04 am

Has anyone else taken the plunge and bought the 'Song Surgeon' software? I did and I really, really like it. I opted for the Song Surgeon Pro version and it delivers everything promised. Although I am still learning to use it, it seems to be very easy. I particularly like the "Sniffer" tool. I have managed to do what few other people have done....SLOW DOWN Tommy Emmanuel. Not that I will be able to play his songs, but it does allow me to see and hear what he is doing during his blazing guitar riffs.
I think there is a fully fuctional demo of the software. (I think it has 4 hours of free use with it) If you are considering it, watch ALL of the demo videos first and then give the demo version a twirl. I think it is a great tool for guitar players.

happy playin'

Bill Image

skaladar

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:17 am

Good to hear Bill. I did download the fully functional 4 hour demo to give it a try but I want to go through all the demo video’s first so I get the most out of the 4 hours.
After watching about half of the videos I have no doubt that I will be getting the Pro version.
It looks like a great piece of software that will be very useful as a learning/practice tool.

♫ Ken ♫

willem

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:59 am

haoli25 wrote:
Has anyone else taken the plunge and bought the 'Song Surgeon' software? I did and I really, really like it. I opted for the Song Surgeon Pro version and it delivers everything promised. Although I am still learning to use it, it seems to be very easy. I particularly like the "Sniffer" tool. I have managed to do what few other people have done....SLOW DOWN Tommy Emmanuel. Not that I will be able to play his songs, but it does allow me to see and hear what he is doing during his blazing guitar riffs.
I think there is a fully fuctional demo of the software. (I think it has 4 hours of free use with it) If you are considering it, watch ALL of the demo videos first and then give the demo version a twirl. I think it is a great tool for guitar players.

happy playin'

Bill Image

A busy guy Bill??,,Are song surgeon and video surgeon two versions of software or are they both in one download,,,i mean when i buy ''song surgeon'' do we work only with audio files or also with video files????

haoli25

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:44 am

willem wrote:
[quote

A busy guy Bill??,,Are song surgeon and video surgeon two versions of software or are they both in one download,,,i mean when i buy ''song surgeon'' do we work only with audio files or also with video files????[/quote]

Good question, Willem. Video Suregeon and Song Surgeon, as far as I know, (they may have a bundle available) are two seperate software programs. (I think they are the same price) I did watch the demo videos for Video Surgeon too, and Song Surgeon Pro was the better choice for me. That may not be true for you. At some point I may go back and buy the Video Surgeon software later. Neil or Matt may have more info on Video Surgeon.

Bill

willem

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:07 am

haoli25 wrote:
willem wrote:
[quote

A busy guy Bill??,,Are song surgeon and video surgeon two versions of software or are they both in one download,,,i mean when i buy ''song surgeon'' do we work only with audio files or also with video files????

Good question, Willem. Video Suregeon and Song Surgeon, as far as I know, (they may have a bundle available) are two seperate software programs. (I think they are the same price) I did watch the demo videos for Video Surgeon too, and Song Surgeon Pro was the better choice for me. That may not be true for you. At some point I may go back and buy the Video Surgeon software later. Neil or Matt may have more info on Video Surgeon.

Bill[/quote]

Thanks Bill,,i am a very visual guy and i think you know that,,and i can record with my Boss micro BR and make a mp3 and put in the mp3 trainer and slow it down too,,i don't know yet if i can change pitch,but audicity can i believe and that looks almost the same as song surgeon,,,but what i saw till this moment it is a super kind of software..

Lavallee

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:17 pm

Yep Bill, I have taken the plunge as well, jumped right into the Pro-version! :)

And I have to agree with you, it is a véry useful and great tool for guitarplayers. However, I'm definitely still learning to use it, how are yóu so far? And what have you discovered?

Cheers

Ness

haoli25

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Nessa, I have discovered that I rarely read instructions. Its an old habit and unlikely to change. :) I have only unlocked the most basic features of 'Sound Surgeon' and somehow, I'm okay with that. It's a guy thing. B)

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic