Chet Atkins - I still can't say goodby

Feel free to get outside the box here.
cbearw

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:17 pm

Hi all! New to the site. I was trying to learn Chet Atkins version of "I still Can't Say Goodby". Actually I can't seem to find any Chet Atkins lessons. Can anyone direct me to them?
Thanks...........Tom

Craig

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:38 am

Hi Tom,
Welcome to the site!
I Still can't Say Goodbye is under Tommy Emmanuel. I really like that song, I've been working on it (along with about 20 others! :laugh: ).
Craig

cbearw

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:12 pm

Thanks Craig! I went to the Tommy Emmanual links but there was video clips of him in a motel somewhere but not a breakdown of the song. I saw a U-tube clip that started the explanation and referred me to this site but I dont see it under free lessons or lessons. I must be missing something else here!

sbutler

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:33 pm

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... y-emannuel

Here ya go Tom. Its an amazing song. Have fun and welcome.

Scott

cbearw

Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:37 pm

Thanks a bunch Scott. The link was perfect. I even got the tab printed out! Of to the races now. Just love this song the first time I heard it on a Chet Atkins tribute special on PBS. I learned more about it on the Tommy E. clips here on Totally Guitars. I think I had kind of a same relationship with my Dad. The song hits home pretty hard. Just a beautiful piece of music. Thanks again for everthing to everybody! You have a great site and forum here! As Arnold would say "I'll be Back!!" :-)
Tom :)

sbutler

Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Your welcome Tom.

It is a great song, and although I still have trouble singing it and playing at the same time, it was powerful enough to get me to make it my first submission to the student review channel. So yeah, its a moving song.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic