Paid for Target Lite but cannot access lessons.

Feel free to get outside the box here.
sabathiel

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:15 pm

I joined Target lite which is $9.95 for 2 lessons for a month. I tried to access the "Strumming Simplified package" lesson but only can watch the video promotion preview only. I cannot even access the PDF tabs. This is the same with all lessons. So how do I choose and access my 2 lessons that I already paid for. I already cancelled my subscription because I don't want to access the lessons next month but I am supposed to be able to have access for this month. Last time I created a ticket for my free beginner's course lessons I didn't even get a reply. But I submitted another ticket for this problem. I am posting here just in case I don't get a response again from tech support.

AndyT

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:04 pm

On the left hand side of the screen near the bottom of the menu is a button MY TARGET LITE. Click it and you will go to a page where you choose the 2 lessons you want by clicking the + in front of them. After you choose your 2, then save it and you will have access.

AndyT

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:06 pm

Why would you cancel? That seems a bit odd.

sabathiel

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:05 am

I cancelled because if I don't then every month I will be billed for another $9.95 for 2 more lessons. I am cancelling now before I forget later. Cancelling the subscription still entitles me to the 2 lesson for this month which I already paid for $9.95.

I figured out the Target Lite menu now and there is a list of all the lessons that I can choose from but the lesson that I am interested in is not on the list. The lesson that I am interested in is under the popular lesson series on the left hand side of the screen called "acoustic genius series" and there is a lesson called "strumming simplified". I can access the page and there is a list of the different parts of the lessons but if I click any of them it only takes me to the promo preview video which is 1 minutes 16 seconds long. I also try to click on the PDF tab icon at the bottom of the page and nothing happens. I am also interested in that section for The Compleat Rhythm Guitarist lesson but if I go the site the same problem happens. The list of lessons on the My Target Lite section to choose from are all song lessons. I want technique and theory lessons.

AndyT

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:36 am

Ok, you are trying to learn as much as possible as cheaply as possible.
The problem is that there is simply too much to learn in one month. A much better solution for you would be to purchase a Theory pack. Here is the one for the strumming package;
http://www.totallyguitars.com/online-gu ... band=-3400

Pay once, have access to it for life. A far far better deal.
I'll look around for the other one you mentioned and when I find it, I'll post it here for you.

AndyT

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:42 am

Found it.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/online-gu ... band=-2900

Maybe if you are nice to MattW, he will allow you to transfer your TG Lite payment to one of these packs since you have not used it yet. Of course, I'm not on staff and that's only an idea. Don't quote me on it. But I know Matt and he's always looking for a way to keep the customer satisfied.

In the future, before you make a purchase here, it might be a good idea to discuss just what you are looking for on the forum. Many of us here would be glad to help you out in selecting the best deal for you.

sabathiel

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Thank you for your help. I am not a real beginner. I am an advanced beginner or early intermediate. I am only interested in some parts in the packages that I mention and I think I can cover learning these in a month and for the rest I just want to watch the videos and see what they are about to find out if I need to learn them. I don't know if we can download tabs because that would be very handy for future references. I already asked tech support for a money back under the 15 day money back scheme so I can join the proper Target Access program which is $29 which may entitle me to access these lessons on techniques and theories. I can just take notes on the theory lessons or maybe even extend the subscription to another month if needed. I don't really want to learn songs yet. Also many song lessons are free and on Youtube.

AndyT

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:21 pm

Learning songs is how you apply and master the theory. But, to each his own.
Good Luck.

sabathiel

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Yup but I can learn songs for free here and many of them on Youtube. It is the technique and theory videos that are hard to find.

TGCheryle

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi Peter,

I have answered both of your service tickets.

Your first ticket was answered 3 days ago on 6/16 and last night when you put in your 2nd ticket on Target Lite I replied via email
in case you did not or could not see my replies.

I have responded to your latest questions via email so please look out for that on a couple of different ideas for you.

I feel it is beneficial to put some of the answers up that I have told you so that if anyone else is wondering about Target Lite they
are answered as I have been having a lot of the same queries come up....so here goes...

Target Lite is for individual lessons only. If you are looking for packages they have to be purchased individually or are included in a full Target
subscription. The difference being is if you cancel your Target subscription you no longer have access to it. If you purchase it as a
streaming package you get lifetime access to it. That comes down to an individual choice on what you want to learn and what is best value.

To find anything to do with Target Lite you need to login and then on the home page scroll down the menu on the left hand side til you get to
the button "My Target Lite". (Its near the bottom of the menu...there is a lot of good stuff on that menu!) This is where you find all
the Target Lite goodies.

TG Mike took the time to make a great tutorial that can be found under "My Target Lite" and shows how to add lessons to your
subscription. He is a very busy person, so use it :)

To add the lessons to your Target Lite you go to "My Target Lite" and then all the lessons are listed there. When you find a lesson you want to
add you just click on the blue cross in front of the song. When you have the 2 you want you click on the grey confirm button up the top of the
screen and they are added.

Anyway that is a very quick overview and hope it helps in some way

Cheers!
TG Cheryle

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic