Easy for me

Feel free to get outside the box here.
haoli25

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:16 pm

The problem may NOT be with the chord boxes, your guitar, the lesson, the teacher, etc. Hmmm, what's left?

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:37 pm

I guess I can throw my $NZ0.02 cents in here.

I've already discussed the difference in learning styles and actually agreed with you Dancer that your style was not entirely catered for here, then I went onto suggest using the Guitar Pro to do the job for you, I even then considered putting up a lesson on how to place chords into Guitar Pro files. Then I went to check it out and well most of them already have the chord charts at the top and the chord annotation within the score - so no need for me to create another GPro lesson, do you have Guitar Pro that would solve a lot of your issues, not the issues where you throw toys out the pram though!

A lesson there would be to chill man, walk away then come back and submit your post. Free speech doesn't exist on the web, push it to far and see where you end up.

Loads of good caring people have given advice , my advice contact them don't wait to be spoon-fed in your pram. You will be inundated with so much help you won't know where to start.

Take care mate (and there is a lot of that here for you if you care to look)

regards

Chas

TGMatt

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:59 pm

thedancer wrote:
You are lucky you can put the chords in the correct place Andy. I cant do that. That is why I wanted neil to do it.

I dont think he cares enough to go the extra mile for begginners like me.

I think he just wants to keep the more advanced people happy.

Dancer

I just read the entire thread, and the idea has merit, and I will discuss it with Neil, it will not be straightforward to do, as some of you have suggested, and I know he has a philosophy around this as well, that philosophy has taught 100's of students over 40 years, and works, as is represented here in peoples progress, most of them started as rank beginners..

So your idea has merit and I will discuss..

I am going to pull you up on this statement though...because it is pretty ridiculous frankly...and an insult to Neil and the goals of TG from day 1

You don't think he or we care enough about beginners ?....most of Neil's students began as beginners ( I am one of them)

It is Neil's care factor that attracted to me in the first place, he cares, I care (I have had arguments with him on doing more )and every day we attempt to cater to everyone on this site, beginners to advanced..(just on that note, their is yet to be an "advanced" student post a video, some great videos, some great students, but no advanced players), most of our focus is on beginners to intermediates, we have posted a huge amount of free material for beginners, from tips and techniques to masses of campfire songs..

IN Target we have added feature after feature beginning programs and songs drip feeds , and more to come, in fact I just discussed 2 new ideas I had for theory packages that we are working on..

This may come across as harsh, but again, your idea is worthy at least to me, I will look into it, but suggesting in a general forum that everyone can read that we don't care about beginners is damaging to us , to Neil's reputation and not fair or representative of what TG is, I have put too much of my own sweat into this along with Neil to allow these kind of statements to live unchecked ....

Again thx for your idea, I will get on it as soon as Neil returns from Colorado...in the meantime my best suggestion is to buy a chord book for reference and do what I do which is to place chords on lyric charts as I learn the song this way I really get the changes correct and I learn by being mechanically involved..(I build physical anchors)

Thx

TGMatt

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:13 pm

One last point, since TG has it's share of Trolls as well, and I want to reinforce TG policy, anyone can post an idea, or share a thought here to improve, in fact we more than encourage it, we are still working on improving and we will never be finished..but there is a way to do it here..

Again, no personal attacks , I have been the subject of these as have others, and it is not welcome, debate the issue as passionately as you want, tell us what we need to fix or work on or improve, suggest ideas...whatever, but do it with grace, do it with the understanding that we need a chance to respond, maybe fix or ad, or reject an idea..

In other words don't piss in the pool you swim in, we all make mistakes when we passionately write stuff here or elsewhere, just correct yourself, do whatever you need to do get it back on topic and representing an idea without emotion and personalization and characterization of others..

Again your idea was worthy and I suggest you keep em coming, as I do to anyone else who chooses to read this thread

Thx for listening

thedancer

Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:16 am

Hi TGMatt

Thank you for your response and I apologize for getting out of my pram.

Dancer

thereshopeyet

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:42 pm

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic