Some GREAT statistics

Feel free to get outside the box here.
tovo

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey guys,

I have some downtime today and spend it scrolling back through some great performances.

75 Collaborations and 106 Busking videos to date. That's just brilliant and made me think of how far we have come as a community of enthusiasts since the days when nobody showed their face on video, nobody sang and nobody had ever got together with other members.

I reckon we should ALL be proud. Hooray for us!

michelew

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:19 pm

Gosh Tony. I remember those days. The cut off heads used to drive me crazy.

The supportiveness of this community makes all of it possible.

It would be nice to see some new people taking advantage of that support and posting for the first time.

There is no way I would have had the courage to sing if I thought people were going to say 'you suck' (even though my singing often is sucky). People always find something to be positive about. It's great. Well it's much more than great, it's really unique. I think my singing is actually improving very slowly as I do it and my nerves ease. The same feels true of my playing.

So if you want to post are video but are afraid to because you're afraid that someone will say 'you suck', know that it just doesn't happen here. I really haven't seen it.

Nice observations.

M.

silvermatter

Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:35 pm

Inspiring…Thanks for sharing

Craig

Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:32 pm

Thank you Tony for taking the time to look that up. The numbers are great! I must echo Michelle's comments. I'm proud to say that I have contributed a few of those. Some bad, some mediocre, none great... but, it would have never happened if it wasn't for this site and the support of the TG community.

Craig

lueders

Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:04 pm

Great Thread, here Tony! (Good to see you haven't lost your touch.)

That truly is something to be quite proud of! The Busking & Collaboration Channel's are huge successes!

And while we're (sort of?) on the subject I have to say specifically that Michelle & Daryl's 3 & 4 Chord Busking Thread has been such a great & imaginative way to frame a thread.

What a fun mixed bag that has been! We need to keep that sucker going...How bout it Tony? Suzi? Buddy? Craig? Bob? Al? Tammy? Marc? Mark? Dan? Dan? Rick? Rick? Matt? Tom? Scott? Scott? Hydro? Kevin? Dermot? Chas? Anton? MJ? Bob? Beaker? Jay? Jeff? Ken? Andy?Jim? Stuart? Stuart? Dean? Bill? Willem? Brad? (To anyone I left out, I apologize.) ( I also apologize for the shameless plug for that thread.)

One thing that Sam brought up is something...I agree with. I wish there was a way to get more participation out of new folks. I don't suppose there is any easy answer for it.
But I wish there was a way we could promote that more. I'm with ya Sam.

Great Thread Tony & Thanks for doing all the research!!

Cori

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:57 pm

We can give ourselves a big slap on the back, that's for sure. Thanks for Tony for looking that up.
As I go through it in my mind, without fact checking, I'd have said there were a lot more video posts... including the ones uploaded for review, well over 300?

jimcjimc

Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:14 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
We can give ourselves a big slap on the back, that's for sure. Thanks for Tony for looking that up.
As I go through it in my mind, without fact checking, I'd have said there were a lot more video posts... including the ones uploaded for review, well over 300?
...tony posted this over 6 months ago...

lueders

Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:26 pm

Six Months Ago? Holy Crud, I didn't notice that at first...(but I do sort of faintly remember this thread now that you mention it)

So this is a Captain Obvious statement, but it definitely means that our numbers would certainly dwarf the old ones reported!!

Hmmm anyone feel like doing some tabulations? If I get a little time later, I might try and figure it out myself...

daryl

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:00 pm

tovo wrote:
Hey guys,

I have some downtime today and spend it scrolling back through some great performances.

75 Collaborations and 106 Busking videos to date. That's just brilliant and made me think of how far we have come as a community of enthusiasts since the days when nobody showed their face on video, nobody sang and nobody had ever got together with other members.

I reckon we should ALL be proud. Hooray for us!
As of 1/30/2012 there are:
76 TGCollaborate videos
317 TGStudentBusking videos
948 TGStudentReview videos.

Of course this doesn't count those who upload to their own YT channels and then link to the busking or collaborate threads. You know who you are. ;)

It seems odd that there has only been 1 collaboration video in the last 6 months. Have some videos been removed from the TGCollaborate channel?????

lueders

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Daryl, You rule! Wow, man thanks for tabulating. Those are some crazy-high numbers!!

And here I thought that busking was taking a lion-share of the uploads from the student review side...wow was I mistaken!

I'm with you on the collaboration tally of "1" There is no way that can be right. I can think of four or five (in the last 6 mos) just off
the top of my head...

Thanks Daryl! Very Interesting stuff!

Cori

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic