James Taylor -you´ve got a friend

Feel free to get outside the box here.
drfuji

Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:46 am

Hi Neil,

first I want to say thank you, for your beautiful guitar lesson webside.

My name ist Stefan Lob from germany and yesterday I do an account for

"Totally Guitars Target Program Lite".

I do this ´cause I saw a preview video on you tube with the favorite song from James Taylor -you´ve got a friend-.

I couldn´t find the learning video in the target lessons!

Regards,

Stefan

dsmarion

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:11 am

Hey Stefan,

Welcome to TG, I started here only a few weeks ago and share your enthusiasm for the site. And the very friendly people on it too, they are wonderful.

I too love You've Got a Friend and would like to learn it as well, such a pretty song. It is not a lesson yet but we can submit a request for it in the Recommend a Lesson section and if it gets enough votes we will probably see it here soon. In the meantime I will send you a couple links to get you started - look for mail in the upper right by the login.

Scott

dsmarion

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:25 am

Added recommendation - vote it up here:

http://www.totallyguitars.com/song-voti ... riend.html

willem

Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:30 am

dsmarion wrote:
Added recommendation - vote it up here:

http://www.totallyguitars.com/song-voti ... riend.html

Thanks Scott,, i just give it my vote....maybe it gets time for an JT package..

michelew

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:18 am

Hi Stefan,

Welcome to TG!

Cool website you got there, although I'm not really able to read it, well bits and pieces, but it looks great!

I think I already voted on 'You've got a friend', it's a lovely song indeed.

Have fun around here and happy guitarplaying!

cheers

Vanessa

skaladar

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:35 am

Hi Stefan and welcome to TG … I love your collection of guitars I just wish I understood German so I could read about them :-)

I’m a big James Taylor fan and I especially like “You’ve Got a Friend” so I was happy to go add my vote.
However when I went to the Recommend a Lesson section and did a search on just the word Taylor I noticed that this song is listed three times as follows:

James Taylor - You've Got a Friend - 3 votes
james taylor - You've Got A Friend - 11 votes
James taylor - you've got a friend - 18 votes

I’ve seen duplicate entries occasionally occur which obviously skew how highly reccomended any given lesson appears. I’ve submitted a support ticket for this and knowing how on top of things the TG staff is I would expect the votes to be consolidated quickly (I’ve done this before for other songs). I would be nice to see something done about his type of issue. We are encouraged to vote on lessons but when the votes are divided the way they sometimes are one has to wonder how effective voting is on determining if a song is being recognized as highly requested.

♫ Ken ♫

dekotaj

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:21 am

Hey Stefan,Welcome to T.G.

Lisa and I just seen J.T.and his son in concert a few months ago.(ninth row setting)It's was great.Best concert I've seen in years.I'll go check to see if I voted for this song if not I well.It sure is a great song.

Kevin

TGNeil

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:45 am

skaladar wrote:
However when I went to the Recommend a Lesson section and did a search on just the word Taylor I noticed that this song is listed three times as follows:

James Taylor - You've Got a Friend - 3 votes
james taylor - You've Got A Friend - 11 votes
James taylor - you've got a friend - 18 votes

I’ve seen duplicate entries occasionally occur which obviously skew how highly reccomended any given lesson appears. I’ve submitted a support ticket for this and knowing how on top of things the TG staff is I would expect the votes to be consolidated quickly (I’ve done this before for other songs). I would be nice to see something done about his type of issue. We are encouraged to vote on lessons but when the votes are divided the way they sometimes are one has to wonder how effective voting is on determining if a song is being recognized as highly requested.

♫ Ken ♫
Hi Gang,

Don't worry about duplicate entries, I keep track of them and check the totals regularly as I am looking at potential lessons. There are plenty of JT's songs on my agenda as soon as time allows.

Neil

reiver

Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:52 pm

Hi everybody,

thanks for all the replies. I votet too.

I play guitar since I was a young boy but I forget mostely everything I play when I was young. The last 15 years I only play jazz standards and use my own voicings and chord pattern but now my children want to learn some good old songs and I unnpack my old Takamine, put new strimgs on it and search for songs...thats how I found TG.

Here you can see me playing an old Hofner guitar. This was a selling video for eBay but you can here what I mean:

Regards,

Stefan

BTW here my facebook acounts:
http://www.facebook.com/stefan.lob
http://www.facebook.com/schlaggitarren

buddy

Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:14 pm

Well very cool video as well!

Am looking forward to hear and see you play some more! :)

cheers

Vanessa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic