Android Pad

Feel free to get outside the box here.
jimcjimc

Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:31 am

Well, it's not an IPAD or an Android pad, but as an ex-Hewlett-Packard employee, I was able to buy a 16GB HP Touchpad for $85. This is a product HP has already announced they are discontinuing that runs the old Palm WEbOS. But it seemed like a good deal :) Now, I am trying to figure out what apps they have for the guitar and how best to put my guitar and uke music charts on it.

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:08 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
My Wife just bought an Asus Eee Pad Transformer, I have yet to have a play as it is in Auckland and I'm still in Palmerston North doh! This pad has the added benefit of converting to a Notepad with a detachable keyboard dock, gets great reviews. Slightly cheaper than an Ipad as it comes in under the $NZ1000

Apparently it runs Android 3.0
Saw this new toy last weekend and it runs TG stuff woo hoo!

rdaltry

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:46 am

Just got a new tablet running android 3.1 was disappointed can't run TG. :-(

Chasplaya

Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:12 pm

rdaltry wrote:
Hmm I can, but I use Firefox for Android I can even get TG on my Android phone. No Guitar Pro as yet though.

willem

Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:21 pm

rdaltry wrote:

I have a simple android tablet and i run TG via an webbrowser..i can get to the lessons,,oh yeah i bought it when they told me it can run flowplayer..

rdaltry

Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:24 pm

Thx Has I'll give Firefox a shot...

Chasplaya

Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:28 pm

TGMatt wrote:
Its doubtful we will be focusing on an Android ap in the near future...less than 1% of people on the site use "other" devices including Android...and we simply have too many things going on..
Pressure mounting at least 2% now lol

dsmarion

Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:43 pm

I bought a Kindle Fire a week ago and while I can access the site with it's on-board browser (Amazon Silk) the experience for me, which would be mainly reading the forums on the go) was less than rewarding. Even though the Kindle Fire is an Andriod OS it is a highly customized one and lots of apps are not available in it's customized marketplace which includes any other browser option. The real soution to all of this of course is a TG App. But I understand not having time to do it - even though not having time is something which never changes in my experience (I work as an application developer in an advertising agency and we have had to tackle the issue of more requests for mobile and social media support with an ever-growing list of clients over the past couple of years).

Scott

jimbo58

Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:54 pm

I had an Iphone for years, but just recently I got an android phone and to my surprise it is just as good as an Iphone, so I am having thoughts to by a tablet so I will go for a android tablet, they seem to be just as good and alot cheaper, so why not!, I think android will become alot more popular very quickly.

Chasplaya

Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:40 pm

jimbo58 wrote:
I had an Iphone for years, but just recently I got an android phone and to my surprise it is just as good as an Iphone, so I am having thoughts to by a tablet so I will go for a android tablet, they seem to be just as good and alot cheaper, so why not!, I think android will become alot more popular very quickly.
Check these out Jim, we have one and are really happy with it:

Asus Eee Pad Transformer; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/n ... award.html

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic