signing up issue?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
mattyglen

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:47 am

just became a member. was offered a free gift, and all i had to do was provide details INCLUDING THE PASSWORD TO MY EMAIL ACCOUNT. yeah right. what are you trying to pull?

neverfoundthetime

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:29 am

That doesn't sound right Matty. Click the support button and let them know and they will get on to it.
There are many many members here who have been here for a couple of years and they will confirm, you can trust this site and everyone one here.
Hope it gets sorted quickly.

Lavallee

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:32 am

and was never asked for my email password. There has to be a misunderstanding

Marc

dsmarion

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:46 am

I remember seeing something like this when I signed up, but I skipped getting the gift (thinking I would be able to do it at a later time if I wanted). I have never seen the offer again though and I cannot remember exactly what it said. I guess once you skip it that is the only time you have a chance at the gift. I can tell you that I have not had any other problems since joining up and everyone else who has been here a long time seems to be happy with the support.

Glad you signed up by the way! Welcome!

Scott

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:07 am

mattyglen wrote:
just became a member. was offered a free gift, and all i had to do was provide details INCLUDING THE PASSWORD TO MY EMAIL ACCOUNT. yeah right. what are you trying to pull?
I doubt very seriously that TG would ever ask you for that info. The only thing they need to know is the password you choose to sign in to the site. I've been here from the start and have never been asked for my email info and password. You might have some sort of spyware or something.

MJ

TGMike

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:46 pm

Hi Mattyglen,

You are referring to the part of the sign up process where we ask if you would share TotallyGuitars.com with your friends. This can be done by manually entering the e-mails of anyone you want to make aware of our site. There is an option to put in your e-mail credentials if you want us to pull in and contact all your friends. Not trying to pull anything.

At no time is anyone's e-mail account login stored on our servers if offered. It is similar to facebook connect and other services that you allow to access your info.

You have a choice... if you choose to share with your friends we will thank you with a free gift. This is not a requirement and the page has a no thanks skip this link on it.

Either way you are welcome to the 60 complete free lessons we have available to you.

If you have a site concern in the future please feel free to use the support button at the top of the site. The only thing we have been pulling around here is great guitar lessons for over 2 years now and an awesome community of guitar players.

Thanks,
Mike

tombo1230

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:38 pm

mattyglen wrote:
Well Mattyglen you sure arrived with a bang! I have been a member here for roughly a year and a half and I can asure you this is a peaceful, supportive, community of guitar players here. The people who run this site are genuine decent people who run a great website. I have enjoyed being part of this community since I joined and have never had any problems bar one and that is, that as a Target member I am spoiled for choice with the quality and amount of great guitar learning that is available to me. I have never been asked for any email log in details and doubt very much that you were. If you hang around long enough you will realise what a great site this is. You can introduce yourself properly in the forum if you care to.

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:03 pm

Thanks

TGMatt

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:38 pm

I have modified your post so as to not cause alarm for anyone else, ( I am sure you understand why) if you or anyone else has any questions at all for us on any topic ..please use our support ticket system and we will endeavor to get back to you...

Cheers

Matt

mattyglen

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:07 pm

getting peoples email passwords is very dubious though.........I cant understand why you would need it. Anyways im Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic