A Note to Neil

Feel free to get outside the box here.
dsmarion

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Neil,

Just a note to mention that every time in your lessons I have looked at I have noticed that you tend to apologize for:
- "sorry I got a little off-track"
- "sorry I went way longer about that than I meant to"
- "sorry ... " "anyway" - (LOL I love this look in particular)
- and any of the related quotes and mannerisms I may have omitted here.....

I notice you do these in many of the lessons I tend to look at mostly during the "Preview" and "Let's Talk Theory" sections (maybe it's because you have a lot more info on these songs and artists because you really like them -- and I think maybe you and I have very similar tastes because I really like them too).

Well I don't know about anyone else here -- but my personal vote is please stop apoligizing and please do continue to "get a bit off track" and go "longer than you meant to" as I happen to really enjoy all the background and related information you provide in these sections. I also suspect that at least a few others here enjoy these extra details as well.

So once again, please keep up the great lessons and all those extra miscellaneous details!

Scott

TGNeil

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi and thanks for the comments and vote of confidence (I may have been running low... B)

... and sorry, I'll stop apologizing.

Neil

Music Junkie

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:36 pm

Scott:

I am another who loves the history and fact tidbits. I also hope Neil continues to share them with us..... B)

Would not be Neil without the enthusiasm and good nature.... :)

MJ

willem

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:39 pm

I asked ones (i think to Andy) to understand some humor in the forum and such''what is funny a baut Neil'''??? well it was all you mensiond in your note, i never laughed a baut it,, keep it coming Neil..

willem

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:44 pm

I couldn't agree more, I just love all Neil's ramblings and well, just everything you mentioned Scott!

Ness

wrench

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:53 pm

If you want to watch Carl Sagan, that's fine, but he's on a different channel. If you want to learn guitar, NEIL IS THE MAN! Just the way he is. That's my story - I'm sticking to it.

Sorry. :laugh:

MarkM

Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:41 pm

Ditto for me. It's one of the differences here with Neil that although you may be watching a video lesson you feel like you are actually having a conversation with him. I'm fortunate to have met Neil in person and had a great experience. Again it's what makes the video's so much more than a "do this and do that" approach. I have to mention the student reviews as well because they have helped me a great deal as they usually go into depth on one thing or another that I was working on.

MarkM

dtaylor

Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:51 pm

I like the fact that Neil gets excited and enthuses on a favourite subject, the enthusiasm is infectious, and it's usually the important stuff that he wants to impart that takes him off on a tangent.
I loved learning a few titbits about the Beatles in those lessons especially.

abiliog

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:06 pm

I totally second what Scott wrote.
I also thank Neil when he goes "way longer about what he meant to" or completely "off-track" and Neil
still can say sorry at the end, we forgive :)
Abilio

thereshopeyet

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:23 pm

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic