Is your head spinning,,do you really sleep??

Feel free to get outside the box here.
willem

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:49 am

I discovered the last two weeks being fit and relaxed and really get it out of my head and get some real sleep i got some great results,, well at least not having tired fingers and other tired muscles the concentration is super and i even got some fast fingerpickin up to speed..

the last two weeks i made a decision trying to be really fit for a event with my choir,, i worked hard on the songs we must do there,one was ''africa'' by Toto and fond it very hard to get it down,,it felt like a marathon but has i said i worked also on being fit (not tired) and that went well,now the song feels more relaxed and works..

I hope i can stay on this shedule and make A sort of agenda to work on songs and don't want to much in one time..

Just wanted to share..

Hom-hom-hom- hom

skaladar

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:24 am

You know it’s funny Willem. I’ve thought about the “rest factor” often because it is so apparent in my playing/practice routine. My workday start from home at ~4:00AM when I connect to my companies Intranet to set-up the day’s work. I don’t saunter into the office until a few hours later which usually gives me some, albeit limited time to pick up a guitar and play for a while. It’s at this time when my playing is by far at its best. At days end, when I get home and have settled in that I can then play/practice without having to watch the clock. Not too surprisingly, even though the mind and body seems willing, I struggle with things that earlier in the day where nearly effortless. I suppose my body is fatigued and my mind less focused far more than I realize because the difference is, well, like night and day. I’ve often wondered if others experience this Jekyll and Hyde like difference to the degree I do. I’ve thought about posing the question here but until you described your experience I wasn’t sure how to clearly get the point across. I mean sure, if one is exhausted and pre-occupied with the day’s event it’s hard to expect to be able to play well. But I notice a big difference even when I don’t feel tired and am clear of mind but it's just much later in the day.

In any case, I’m sure you’ll do just great with your choir event and will nail “Africa”. It would be nice if someone were to catch a video of it. (hint, hint) :-) … Good luck and have fun!

♫ Ken ♫

willem

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:02 am

skaladar wrote:
You know it’s funny Willem. I’ve thought about the “rest factor” often because it is so apparent in my playing/practice routine. My workday start from home at ~4:00AM when I connect to my companies Intranet to set-up the day’s work. I don’t saunter into the office until a few hours later which usually gives me some, albeit limited time to pick up a guitar and play for a while. It’s at this time when my playing is by far at its best. At days end, when I get home and have settled in that I can then play/practice without having to watch the clock. Not too surprisingly, even though the mind and body seems willing, I struggle with things that earlier in the day where nearly effortless. I suppose my body is fatigued and my mind less focused far more than I realize because the difference is, well, like night and day. I’ve often wondered if others experience this Jekyll and Hyde like difference to the degree I do. I’ve thought about posing the question here but until you described your experience I wasn’t sure how to clearly get the point across. I mean sure, if one is exhausted and pre-occupied with the day’s event it’s hard to expect to be able to play well. But I notice a big difference even when I don’t feel tired and am clear of mind but it's just much later in the day.

In any case, I’m sure you’ll do just great with your choir event and will nail “Africa”. It would be nice if someone were to catch a video of it. (hint, hint) :-) … Good luck and have fun!

♫ Ken ♫
Hi Ken..the event is happend and we score with ''africa'' has i said it works now and the feel is more comfort now but i had prepared well the last two weeks,,,we did a view other songs and a collab with a other choir(that was so awesome)..there was no chance to vid it but i am sure that i will intime(maybe it is something for the new site(totallyvocals) just for sharing,,,''africa'' is such i great song and will try also to nail it on guitar also...(key of A)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic