It might just help...

Feel free to get outside the box here.
Chasplaya

Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi guys frequently we get posts seeking assistance with a particular song or lesson; quite often I find myself trawling through various lessons to find the song/lesson being referred to.

So...It might just help if when seeking assistance to copy the link to the actual song/lesson in the post. Just highlight the link in the address bar and do a copy and paste voila!

pmelody

Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Could you help me then ?

I'm having trouble with www.totallyguitars.com/free-guitar-less ... ssons#song
And this is my problem www.totallyguitars.com/forum/8-acoustic ... hords.html

Thank you anyways :)

AndyT

Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:45 pm

Changing Chords is your problem? Can you shoot a short video showing how you do it now? That will help us better help you.

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:47 pm

pmelody wrote:
Could you help me then ?

I'm having trouble with www.totallyguitars.com/free-guitar-less ... ssons#song
And this is my problem www.totallyguitars.com/forum/8-acoustic ... hords.html

Thank you anyways :)
Hi now at present I don't have a high speed connection so can't actually play the lessons that well. However, to improve strumming generally on the last beat of each measure you lift your fretting hand off completely and start to move ready for the first beat of the next measure So you actually strike open strings. For example say in a measure that has 8th notes where the first stroke/note is down (D) then the next is up (U) and it goes like this DU DU DU DU the very last U would be on open strings if it was a chord change. As for your other query about reading chords on have tab I couldn't see which tab you were referring too , tabs can notate chords in different ways - sometimes they have a chord diagram above where you change, others have the chord letter above the point you change, and some tabs have just the numbers in a vertical line and repeat them for each strum, then again you sometimes get strokes underneath representing the rhythm; so as you see no one answer for that query.

PS My post about 'It might just help...' wasn't aimed at you just a general observation. :)

dsmarion

Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:00 pm

pmeldoy,

I undertand your confusion. In the tab for the little minuette he didn't put the chord name above the tab which he usually does. But if you watch the very next video for the play-along you will see him doing both parts - the notes and the chords. This only uses the four chords he showed earlier in the lesson - G, C, Am, D7. If you still need help just ask.

Scott

http://www.totallyguitars.com/free-guit ... ssons#song

pmelody

Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:23 pm

Oh thank you :)

I didn't know you guys were helping me on this thread too!

Ok, So I'll write down the chords he's using above the tab.. ( Since this tab doesnt have the chords in it )

Hey, I'm making progress :)

Thank you again!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic