Three things I'd love to see improved on this site

Feel free to get outside the box here.
dennisg

Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:25 pm

1. Anyone who's uploaded a video has no doubt noticed that when you click on the Upload button, absolutely nothing happens that we can see. Sometimes I forget whether I've even clicked on the button. It would really provide some useful information if we got a status bar the moment we clicked on Upload. We'd not only know that the upload is actually occurring, but we could see at a glance how much of it is left.

2. As mentioned in another thread, it'd be nice to have an uploader for open-mic performances. They're definitely not collaborations, busked songs, or lesson videos -- but right now we have to choose one of those categories in order to upload. Or maybe I'm missing something.

3. There have been many occasions when I've wanted to watch a certain video by a specific TG member, but have found it impossible to find the song. I'd love to be able to key in a user's name, and see a list of every song he or she has uploaded -- regardless of the type of song (open mic, busked, collaboration, lesson) it is.

I realize that numbers 1 and 3 require a lot of work, but we'd all benefit from their implementation.

AcousticAl

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:40 pm

Hi Dennis,

There's already a way to do #3 on your wish list..
If you go to Target Student Reviews tab on the left- then there's an option to chose the person's name from the 'all users' drop down list.

dekotaj

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:49 pm

Hey Al-That's real cool!Thank Al,or should it be thanks Dennis??

Kev

RicksPick

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:40 am

Hi Dennis

After clicking upload,, bottom left of firefox window shows "sending request" or something very simular, which means its uploading
so at least you know its happening.

As Al sugested No 3 sort of works, but I only find about a quarter of my uploads

RicksPick

skaladar

Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:55 am

RicksPick wrote:
... As Al sugested No 3 sort of works, but I only find about a quarter of my uploads

RicksPick
Yep, this is a great feature that I was glad to see implemented when the Student Review section was revamped a while ago. Unfortunately I don’t think the drop down list that allow you to filter what’s displayed have been updated since then altho the videos are added.

♫ Ken ♫

dennisg

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:10 am

AcousticAl wrote:
Hi Dennis,

There's already a way to do #3 on your wish list..
If you go to Target Student Reviews tab on the left- then there's an option to chose the person's name from the 'all users' drop down list.
Thanks for responding, Al. This feature only gives you the songs that are uploaded for student review, and it only gives you a fraction of those at that. When I enter my own name in there, it came up with four songs. That's a broken feature. What would be useful is to have a search feature that shows ALL songs (open-mic, busking, collaboration, or review), not just a small part of those uploaded for student review.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic