Poll: What is the first page you want to visit when you log-in to TG?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
sbutler

Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:42 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
Can I have dancing girls in skimpy clothing singing a medley of my favourite songs on my home page?
Sorry Chris best I could do

PS Chris make sure to take your meds after watching this one :laugh:

Chas, I could only watch a few seconds of that video. I was afraid of what I may see if I continued watching.

AndyT

Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:45 pm

That's just scary. I think I need the meds now. Yikes!

rapsidy

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Hahahaha! That was hilarious! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Chasplaya wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
Can I have dancing girls in skimpy clothing singing a medley of my favourite songs on my home page?
Sorry Chris best I could do

PS Chris make sure to take your meds after watching this one :laugh:

thereshopeyet

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:44 pm

Thanks

Hydroman52

Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:30 pm

tovo wrote:
. . . . given there are bucket loads (that's a lot) of people who use the site without ever making a forum post I would suggest others would say many of the silent crowd would choose "Lessons". Of course they are unlikely to vote in Hydro's poll.
Tony,

This is a very good point, and all of us who participate in the forums here should keep in mind that we are probably only the vocal minority of members on the site. So, what might work for us, might not work for the majority. I'm also very cognizant of the fact that what may seem like a simple change may be a programming nightmare. I've already been down that rat hole a number of times and know what it's all about. On the other hand, it sometimes turns out to be a simple fix that can turn a brilliant programmer into an instant hero.

I also want to thank everyone for responding to the poll. It's all good input. You don't know what people really want until they tell you.

Hydroman52

TGMatt

Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:10 pm

Just saw this..

Had already placed an instruction to make it the page you login..

We will see if we can do it without too much issue.

michelew

Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:09 am

Actually, it would be great to be able to select the page that you land on when you log in. That way new people wouldn't miss out on the home page info, people that mostly login for the new lessons could go straight there and we forum junkies...well you get the picture.

reiver

Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:02 am

michelew wrote:
Actually, it would be great to be able to select the page that you land on when you log in. That way new people wouldn't miss out on the home page info, people that mostly login for the new lessons could go straight there and we forum junkies...well you get the picture.
This sounds like a great idea, Michele. Then we can change our preference if, for example, we start on a lesson that we keep wanting to go back to. But it does sound tricky. In the absence of that - my vote goes to Recent Discussions. Glad to hear that it's in hand, Matt. Good work.

Stuart

Hydroman52

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:41 pm

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.

When I log-in, I am now directed back to the page that I was last viewing. That is exactly what I was looking for. Whoever it was that did the programming to accomplish this . . . . you are my hero! I hope others have noticed the good job done here.

Thank-you once again,
Hydroman52

dsmarion

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:20 pm

Oh, man, were those chicks hot! I will spare you the prurient and disgusting thoughts running through my mind!

Yep, I vote discussions......

Pant Pant

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic