"If You Could Read My Mind"..A continuting TwoCat effort.......

Feel free to get outside the box here.
lueders

Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:58 pm

Play it again, Sam! That is sounding excellent!! The level of improvement is very, very high!
All you need is a bunch of plays over and over to get it feeling a tad more limbered up.
But damn-Sam, great job!

P.S. I bet you're a lot of fun!

P.S.S. Are you still a proponent of smurf poop? lol!

michelew

Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:51 pm

willem

Thanks for the nice words! I have closeted the shirt and feel much better.

wrench

Glad to hear my new mic came through. I forget I am listening to laptop speakers. If I had some good ones, I could probably hear. My Bose headphones really let me hear well.

daryl

Um, she bought the shirt for me! As wrench said, I better learn something she likes fast!! I am starting to video all my practices, including singing. Well, singing and playing is soooooooo much different than the Karaoke version of the song. It has violins and all. Here it is just voice. GULP!

lueders

I still use and promote Smurf poop. Almost as good as duck tape! I do give my grand kids a laugh now and then.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I will work very hard and post again on about February 1.

TCS

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:18 pm

For those who don't believe in Smurfs.....a Smurf skateboard! Image

dennisg

Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:24 pm

I think you're well on your way to kicking this song's butt.

AndyT

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:34 am

You're doing just great Sam, lots of improvements there, very very good! I have to say, you're like a pitbull, doesn't let go, that's really admirable.

One question, the Gadd9 (or just G) is often played before going to the Dm6/F, why not leave your middlefinger on the A, 3th fret? You will have your ringfinger all set for going back to G, instead of going back and forth, you know what I mean?

Ness

BobR

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:56 am

Hi Sam,

Very nice progress and the sound is coming through just fine.

Bob

RicksPick

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:00 am

Dennis and Bob

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Ness

I will study your response at length next week. And watch your video again. Sometimes Neil uses the middle finger and sometimes the ring. I started using the middle and switched to the ring. I'll study it all more. I'm to the interlude now. That's going to take some time!

Sam

Music Junkie

Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:04 pm

Take three......better but still sour in places.

I would still like to see other player's of my mediocrity posting videos. C'mon, people! If I can do it, you can.

TCS

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:10 pm

Hi Sam. very nice work on this song. Sure the D chord's running away from you but you'll herd that cat too very soon, its just the way these things go! Have you tried singing it too. That's when you find out if you really need the capo. On a good day I use it, on a rough day I leave it off as it makes the singing easier... up to you. The rubber band is hilarious... don't you think you should put a strap on use that? ;-).

Here's my attempt from a while back:

dennisg

Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:38 pm

never

You did a fine job on that song! Gives me something to shoot for.

I will consider a strap; might work better. I wear that rubber band so much in my pants loop, I go out with it on and people ask about it. I just tell them you never know when you'll need a rubber band!

As to the singing, I have sang this song a hundred times, but doing it alone with the guitar is another story. I'll have to work on that.

Thanks for the input.

Sam

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic