"If You Could Read My Mind"..A continuting TwoCat effort.......

Feel free to get outside the box here.
BobR

Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi Sam,

I missed your last post 'cause I didn't notice the Youtube Link. You've already gotten plenty of good advice so I will just say Nice job and stay at it. You'll lick that D chord in no time. Also nice $50 Epiphone

Bob

cosmicmechanic

Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:32 am

TwoCat ... cheers from out here in the peanut gallery, you're doing it like it should be :)

Pierre

tovo

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:09 pm

I have no video to post this month as I have not progressed one iota. In fact, I may have backslid a bit. Here's why.

I have started to learn the song as if I had never learned it--from scratch, if you will. I have found that moving the fingers in relation to the next string needed is vital for me to sound anywhere close to Gordon or Neil. I wish I had music with no bar lines as I can hear them when I play. No fluidity or continuity in my playing. Sounds choppy.

I am working hard to use my middle finger instead of my ring finger when playing the G9 chord. This was suggested by Nessa and Kevin.

I have performed this song probably about 30 to 40 times at Karaoke and am still quite good at it. When I sing with my own guitar playing, I can curdle milk! So I'll work on that, too.

When I take up a new song, I will spend hours reading and studying the sheet music. Very hard for an old dog to un-learn bad habits.

Sam

willem

Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:53 am

TwoCatSam wrote:
I have no video to post this month as I have not progressed one iota. In fact, I may have backslid a bit. Here's why.

I have started to learn the song as if I had never learned it--from scratch, if you will. I have found that moving the fingers in relation to the next string needed is vital for me to sound anywhere close to Gordon or Neil. I wish I had music with no bar lines as I can hear them when I play. No fluidity or continuity in my playing. Sounds choppy.

I am working hard to use my middle finger instead of my ring finger when playing the G9 chord. This was suggested by Nessa and Kevin.

I have performed this song probably about 30 to 40 times at Karaoke and am still quite good at it. When I sing with my own guitar playing, I can curdle milk! So I'll work on that, too.

When I take up a new song, I will spend hours reading and studying the sheet music. Very hard for an old dog to un-learn bad habits.

Sam

Hi Sam,,you could also move to an other song for some change,,maybe ''hallelujah'' maybe good for the ring finger..

lueders

Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:28 am

I think Willem has a point, why not play another song for a while, you can always get back to 'If you could read my mind' at any time. But some change can do wonders, really! :)

willem wrote:
TwoCatSam wrote:

Sam

Hi Sam,,you could also move to an other song for some change,,maybe ''hallelujah'' maybe good for the ring finger..

neverfoundthetime

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:30 am

willem and nessa

How about this: I continue with this song through the month of March and then I'll look for a new lesson. I'm really starting to "get" this song. This morning I sounded much better than last night before I posted. The dogs only howled a little...... :lol:

TwoCat

jimcjimc

Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:05 am

Aw, what the heck......

I know my phrasing and breathing is off, but I got that G9 chord!

Sam

neverfoundthetime

Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:27 am

That is just great Sam! Yes you certainly have that G9 sorted... and that is a really good job on the singing. Such a great song and you are doing it justice here. My hat is off to you sir!

neverfoundthetime

Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Sam, that was fantastic!!!

You're right, you're really 'getting' the song! And I actually lóved your singing, you have a very warm and nice voice to listen to, the pitch was good too, taking a bow here! :cheer:

Ness

jimcjimc

Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:58 pm

Sam,
I didn't watch your earlier version, but you are doing really well here. The picking was smooth and your singing is pretty darn good!
Jim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic