"If You Could Read My Mind"..A continuting TwoCat effort.......

Feel free to get outside the box here.
AndyT

Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Nice job Sam! Cats need tranquilizers so have a beer next time! LOL Just kidding...

A strap properly adjusted will keep the guitar right where you want it. Spend a few extra $$ and get a nice padded one.,
The regular straps have a tendency to cut into your shoulder after a bit.

That Epiphone is actually a nice guitar. A friend has one and it's really nice. He had it setup and he likes it much better than his big dollar Alvarez.

willem

Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:54 pm

Sam,just great again and you will figure out how to manage that D chord,,,its fine you found your comfort holding your guitar...

When i listen to a song I never could take the singin together with the guitar playing,,,I buy a standaard sheet music and look were the singin notes are rhythmcally on the pickins,, i don't mean the intervals,,just were they are on the beat or in between,,(if that make sence),,you have sang the the song so you know the intervals..

W.

tombo1230

Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:21 pm

Well done Sam, your fingering is much improved and because of that your playing is much cleaner. It may feel awkward at first and you may slip back to a poorer grip on the neck. When you find yourself getting sloppy at any time just remind yourself to get back into good hand position and after a while it will be natural. Anyway big improvement on the last video, well done.

I'm not so sure about the Tshirt though :huh: :dry: :laugh:

Tom N.

daryl

Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:40 pm

Huge improvement. Way to go. Now if you seem to have trouble getting to a particular chord (the D's the bad boy right now) just practice fingering back and forth to the chord in question. Go from G to D to G to D without strumming or picking until you can do it without looking or thinking. Then try A to D to A to D and then C to D to C to D etc.....

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:17 pm

As to the singing, I have sang this song a hundred times, but doing it alone with the guitar is another story. I'll have to work on that.
My tip there Sam is to hum it through as you concentrate on playing, that'll ease the melody line into the equation and you'll soon pick up the phrasing. What a great song to work on... pays off big time when you're done as folk love this song, in my experience.

skaladar

Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:21 pm

Hey Sam,

First I have to say I just love your videos. A little performance, a little show and tell and some story telling. Such fun to watch!

TwoCatSam said:
"That's cheating ... I'm 65, I can cheat!"
And you crack me up :-)

Next I have to repeat that I really admire your determination which is clearly paying off because …

Lastly … As has been mentioned your hand position and finger placement is vastly improved and, aside from the slip on the D, it’s sounding very clean.

I have no doubt that in no time you’ll be playing this flawlessly. Good for you Sam. I’m looking forward to your next installment!

♫ Ken ♫

dsmarion

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:24 pm

Hey Sam,

You are steadily getting better - a lot better. Your hand position is getting much better too and your guitar angle seems fine to me. Keep up the good work! I know it seems like it ain't easy sometimes but the hard work really does pay off as shows in this video. Nice stories too, cracked me up a few times, thanks for that.

Scott

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:17 pm

Hey, thanks to all who wrote. Glad to bring a little humor here and there. Really happy no one took offense to my shirt. I'm a little dyslexic, so I'm making fun of me. Took me about five hours to cut out "Aeropostle" and glue them into "Postalero" You should see the looks I get from young people in the mall!! :woohoo:

As someone said, I should be practicing.........

TCS

lueders

Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:30 pm

Sam I am big fan of the hat! The rubber-band is HILARIOUSLY funny! (And I suppose that would work.) But if it were me I think, after a while I would get tired of feeling like a human slingshot/one of those kid's paddle balls. lol! Oh, and yes the shirt was very amusing as well!!! LOL!! I'll tell you...your videos have more laughs than a barrel of monkeys!

And well, your playing...well that is just sounding great. You're getting better & better all the time!!! Just keep it up. You'll get that D chord change in no time! :) :) :) :)

GRETA JOB!!! SAM!!! :) :) :laugh: :laugh:

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:37 am

Thanks, my friend. I'm on to the interlude now. Hammer ons are a booger.

Sam

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic