Favourite Three chord songs. (and other simple stuff :) )

Feel free to get outside the box here.
michelew

Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Yes! No Elvis INDEED! Perhaps the channeling connection has been frayed :) ......NAAAHHH I can't imagine THAT!

michelew

Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:12 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Sure I'm game! ;)

favorites.....hmmm.....:

Peaceful Easy Feeling - Eagles
Leaving on a Jetplane - John Denver
Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi
Blaze of Glory - Bon Jovi
Hard letting you go - Bon Jovi
One - U2
Father Figure - George Michael
Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
Hey there Delilah
Running to stand still - U2
As tears go by - Stones
Helplessly Hoping - CSN

Hmmm....just 3 or 4 chords, no 5 or 6, no? :P

however, I'm sure there is a bunch more, more than I can think of now.... :S :) ....maybe I'll add some more later! ;)

Ness

So now you have to choose! Ha ha good luck with that. And add it to Daryl's thread of course. :)

michelew

Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:22 pm

There are DEFINITELY some cool songs here that I'm already aware of and some new cool ones for me. Thanks Everyone.

So ...what are you all waiting for? Daryl has provided the first offering for the challenge. Put those favourites into action and upload something. You've got nothing to lose and I'm guessing you'll have fun, as of course will we.

:)

Keep them coming.

Suzi - I'm expecting to hear Bon Jovi coming out of your sweet pipes sometime very soon. :) ...no pressure :)

Shel

rdaltry

Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:40 pm

Jambalaya by Hank Williams Jr - a simple I V7
link[url=http://www.cowboylyrics.com/tabs/williams-hank/jambalaya-554.html][/url]
Feelin Alright by Traffic - a simple I IV
link

lueders

Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:21 am

Michele,

I like the timbre of this thread. I think it is important to just remember to have have fun and just let 'er rip, sometimes!
It is easy to forget how many great 2-4 songs there are out there. The damien Rice stuff recently has really driven that point home.

Here is list of tunes that have anywhere from 2-4 chords.
(Some of these might be open mic contenders)

Jane Says.......................................................Jane's Addiction (G, A, Gsus2 #11)
Jolene.............................................................Dolly Parton (Am, C, G)
Way Over Yonder In A Minor Key...................Billy Bragg & Wilco ( C, G, Am7 Em) (capo 4)
Ring Of Fire.....................................................Johnny Cash (G, C, D7)
Dead Flowers...................................................Rolling Stones (D, A, G)
Black Boys on Mopeds.....................................Sinead O'connor (G, D, C/G)
No Excuses......................................................Alice In Chains (Gadd9, Badd9,G6,E)
I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry...........................Hank Williams (E, B7, E7, A)
Elliot Smith?

lueders

Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:05 am

Shel and Scott......uh....Elvis, Beatles, haha, well those were the tunes that I played as a kid and a teenager áll the time. If you had asked me thén, then the list would be full of those! :P And sure, whenever I do play them, wich is not that often indeed, I dó have a lot of fun, the proof is for instance in the busking the Beatles-thread, wich started the whole busking-stuff in the first place.

But who knows, I might surprise you! ;)

michelew wrote:
Yes! No Elvis INDEED! Perhaps the channeling connection has been frayed :) ......NAAAHHH I can't imagine THAT!

lueders

Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:06 am

Haha, choosing....yeah, that's a good one, thanks! :S :silly:

michelew wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Sure I'm game! ;)

favorites.....hmmm.....:

Peaceful Easy Feeling - Eagles
Leaving on a Jetplane - John Denver
Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi
Blaze of Glory - Bon Jovi
Hard letting you go - Bon Jovi
One - U2
Father Figure - George Michael
Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
Hey there Delilah
Running to stand still - U2
As tears go by - Stones
Helplessly Hoping - CSN

Hmmm....just 3 or 4 chords, no 5 or 6, no? :P

however, I'm sure there is a bunch more, more than I can think of now.... :S :) ....maybe I'll add some more later! ;)

Ness

So now you have to choose! Ha ha good luck with that. And add it to Daryl's thread of course. :)

michelew

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:05 am

So very tricky, doing one that WASN'T on the List. So which one FROM the list are you putting up Nessa??? :)

daryl

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:30 pm

Well I guess I'm lucky since I already done that, remember Peaceful Easy Feeling with Suzi??! :P :laugh: ;)

michelew wrote:
So very tricky, doing one that WASN'T on the List. So which one FROM the list are you putting up Nessa??? :)

michelew

Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:53 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Well I guess I'm lucky since I already done that, remember Peaceful Easy Feeling with Suzi??! :P :laugh: ;)

michelew wrote:

Damn! Foiled at my own darstedly scheme.

Note to self, make sure I'm awake when plotting to ensnare Nessa. :) B) :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic