TARGET Lessons versus Pay-Per-Lesson

Feel free to get outside the box here.
pure_objects

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Hi, I'm new to the site but, after listening to the information about TARGET, I'm a little confused over one aspect. With pay-per-lesson, I get access to that lesson for the rest of my life. If I go through lessons as part of the TARGET program, I only get access to those lessons whilst I'm in the TARGET program. Is that right? If that's right then, suppose I find I can't really afford the TARGET program after some period (or perhaps I can't justify it for the amount of time I can devote to practice), then I have no access to the TARGET lessons I used whilst in the program. Is that right?

I realise that there is lots of other stuff in the TARGET program but this aspect, knowing my tendency to start off enthusiastically with something only to trail off later, would tend to make me think twice about joining TARGET, or even TARGET Lite.

Tony

dennisg

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:03 pm

Tony,

First things first: welcome to the site. Now, on to your questions. You only get access to the Target material for as long as you're a Target member. If you could have permanent access to the material, everyone would join the Target program, then cancel. But I will say this, Target membership is a phenomenally worthwhile investment in your guitar playing that will pay dividends for the rest of your guitar-playing life. For what you get out of it, it's a tremendous value.

Yes, any pay-per-lesson you buy is yours in perpetuity, whether or not you decide to become a Target member.

You can join the program on a month-to-month basis. bi-annually, or even annually. If you're worried about your enthusiasm waning. then join month-to-month. That way you don't have to make a long-term commitment.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:13 pm

I would add that if (as a TARGET member) you have been working on a lesson then you will have downloaded the chord sheet/lyrics and maybe the Gpro file etc so you would still have that if you quite TARGET but you wouldn't be able to access the video lesson any more.

Hydroman52

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:53 pm

When I subscribed a couple of years ago, there was a 30-day money back guarantee. You might want to check it out to see if this is still the policy. If so, you could subscribe and, if it didn't meet your expectations, cancel before the money back period was over and get your cash back.

pure_objects

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:19 am

Thanks for the responses. They clear up a slight confusion for me.

Dennis, good point that if TARGET gave lifetime access, everyone would join to get the lessons they wanted at a fantastic bargain. However, there might have been room for allowing lifetime access to a limited number of lessons (there could be many options there) or perhaps offer cut price lifetime access for lessons the member thinks he might revisit.

neverfoundthetime, good point also, though I think the videos would be crucial. However, having the downloads would allow one to revisit tunes.

Hydroman52, that 30-day money back guarantee probably wouldn't be of much use to me, especially as it now seems to be a 15-day guarantee. I definitely would carry on longer than that but there's a lot going on in my life right now so I can't be certain to keep it up as long as I might wish.

The monthly fee would get me two or three individual lessons for life-time access so I might start out just buying individual lessons to check out the tuition (which does seem very good based on the free stuff) and see how it goes. If I'm still enthused after a couple of months, I'll consider the TARGET program.

Thanks again for the comments.

Tony

silvermatter

Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:33 pm

whats the difference between target lite and target?

pure_objects

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:40 pm

The TARGET sign-up page lists the member benefits as:
* Full Access to 400+ Lessons, 4,000+ Videos
* Get Tab, Chords, and Guitar Pro Files
* Video Reviews w/Neil
* Live Private Internet Shows
* Priority Support
* Special Forum Area
* Busking With TG
* and more...

With TARGET Lite, you don't get any of the above (apart from tab, etc, attached to your chosen lessons), so it's not really a TARGET option. What you get is access to two extra lessons for each month that you subscribe to TARGET Lite, with the lessons accumulating. So you pick two lessons one month, then two lessons the next, giving you access to those chosen four lessons in the second month. The next month you pick two more lessons, giving you access to all six lessons you've chosen so far. And so on. You lose access to those lessons when you stop subscribing to TARGET Lite (unless you switch to a full TARGET subscription, of course).

Hope this helps. If I've misunderstood anything, hopefully others will correct me.

Tony

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic