watching my (your) faults (with video)

Feel free to get outside the box here.
willem

Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:40 am

I can record myself with diffrent cam recorders but I bought a while back a web cam (logitech 910c) special for quick recordings to watch my playing with the fingers that is..
then I discovered many bad things as bending strings(while trying to put the other fingers in position),,not do a good litlle barre etc etc.. of course I see also good things but discovering the bad things I can make them maybe quicker a good one..

I wonder if more people do this in an early stage of trying a new song or instrumental????

neverfoundthetime

Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:19 pm

willem

I record myself often--as advised by someone--can't remember who. My computer has YouCam and it is very easy to make videos, but more importantly, very easy to delete them! You can "batch delete" and clean the slate so no one sees it. :dry:

I also play in front of the mirror to try to correct my poor posture.

By the way, could you see the Northern Lights from where you sit? Could anyone?

Sam

willem

Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:27 pm

TwoCatSam wrote:
willem

I record myself often--as advised by someone--can't remember who. My computer has YouCam and it is very easy to make videos, but more importantly, very easy to delete them! You can "batch delete" and clean the slate so no one sees it. :dry:

I also play in front of the mirror to try to correct my poor posture.

By the way, could you see the Northern Lights from where you sit? Could anyone?

Sam
No notherns lights here and no sun storms,,, only the landscape is totally white..

W.

haoli25

Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Oh yes, of course! As soon as I got a song kinda down, the basics, I want to know how it sounds like, looks like and so on...and yes, from that angle you can watch both hands really good. But not just the guitar, even more the vocals.

So recording, yeah all the time! :)

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic