Guitar Pro

Feel free to get outside the box here.
jstew72

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:26 am

I see a link to "guitar pro" at the bottom of many lessons. My computer won't open this. What is it? Do I have to download someting to use it?

Thanks
John

willem

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:40 am

Hi,,yes indeed,,guitarpro is a program you must purchace from Arobic music site,,its a program that can playback tablature.. you can buy it via this site and they get some profit..world wide it is the most used program by guitarist.

W.

Lavallee

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:00 am

Hi John, the guitar pro file are a playable version of the PDF tab that is always included (unless there are only chords that are supplied with the chart version). What you are getting extra is that guitar pro will play the tab (you hear the notes and and will see a cursor showing what notes it plays).

It is useful because you can slow it down or play a short section in loop to practice with. You can download a free trial for 15 days and it will play all the files (GP 5 or 6 ). The cost of the software is about $60 US. The free software TuxGuitar is also available on the internet. It will play only the guitar pro 5 files (my version does not play the 6 but it is a little old). But I find it a little unfriendly, so I am only using guitar pro

If you follow this link (or copy the link in the address bar)

http://www.totallyguitars.com/allcommun ... ricks.html

It will take you to the guitar pro group that our distinguish member Chasplaya has put up (look at the bottom right where he has listed his video list.

Welcome to the Target program, lots of fun here

Marc from Montreal

Edit: Just noticed that BigBear had created the group.

Chasplaya

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi John Welcome to TG, I note Marc has pointed you the direction of the Guitar Pro group that Bigbear started , I am an admin there and have put up about 30 lesson videos if you can spare the time they will show you exactly the benefits of GPro. As well as playing Neils lessons on it there are heaps of other sites with tabs, some good some not so good. If you need a tab of any song just ask in the forum its quite likely I or someone else will have it.

See you around

Chas

jstew72

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Thanks everyone. I'll check it out.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic