Thank you

Feel free to get outside the box here.
jbsjon

Wed May 23, 2012 7:41 am

I have learned more in 4 months from Neil than I have learned in the past 4 years from several other internet instructors and programs. I have been moving right along with my pay per lessons but I finally met my match with Neil Young's Don't let it bring you down. The intro works out fine as well as the verse but the chords to the chorus just do not sound right with the singing? :S

beaker

Wed May 23, 2012 9:37 am

Jbsjon, That is a great song. I like to play that one as well. Playing the chorus is probably the trickiest part. It is a matter of getting the timing right and hitting those chords properly, some of which don't sound that good unless you are hitting them very accurately. My best advice, it to stick with it. You will get it happening soon, I am sure. My other advice, would be to submit a video for review by Neil, and then he can see what you are up to and give you proper advice on how to get through the chorus. Good luck. Beaker.

michelew

Wed May 23, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi there!

Well I know the song quite well (I've uploaded a video in the 'Busking Neil Young'-thread), I mean playing and singingwise, so I'm of course wondering what is happening for you. Also, Beaker's suggestion is a good one, why not upload a video, so we can see and hear what is happening and why it sounds asif it doesn't match. You could do that in the Busking-channel.

(A video for review is only possible when you're a Targetmember and since you're enjoying Neil's teaching so much, that would be a very good decision anyway.)

Other than that, make sure you got the melody really right, it does go together with the chords! :)

cheers

Vanessa

jbsjon

Thu May 24, 2012 2:36 pm

I figured out my problem. I am using a Kyser drop double D capo. With a few chord changes I am good to go.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic