Can you guide me to slide???

Feel free to get outside the box here.
daryl

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:12 am

I'm curious as to what you will use to raise the strings. Maybe a wooden dowel, or a AA or AAA battery, or a pencil, or maybe you fashion a taller nut made out of a hardwood? So many possible options.....Looking forward to the video(s).

willem

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:31 am

daryl wrote:
I'm curious as to what you will use to raise the strings. Maybe a wooden dowel, or a AA or AAA battery, or a pencil, or maybe you fashion a taller nut made out of a hardwood? So many possible options.....Looking forward to the video(s).

Maybe I use a FRET,, :laugh: B)

willem

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:27 am

I removed the bridge so far and i think I use a piece of hardwood and put it under the bridge for raising the action.. Image

willem

Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:49 am

This is the result,,I put a piece of oak under the bridge for raising the action,,don't know if the action is high enough,,I must buy a slide that is right for this kind of slide playing to find out..

EDIT: I tryed it a bit with the slide I have in open G tuning and i must say I was suprised with the sound,,now I have to learn a proper bleus lick(s) for the video show

daryl

Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:24 am

How thick was the oak? Did you glue the oak and/or the nut in place? Were you "surprised" in a good way or a bad way "with the sound"? Looking forward to the slide video.

willem

Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:43 am

daryl wrote:
How thick was the cork? Did you glue the cork and/or the nut in place? Were you "surprised" in a good way or a bad way "with the sound"? Looking forward to the slide video.

The piece of oak was 3 mm(milimeters) and gleued,the bridge (nut) is still loose and hold with the strings,, in open G tuning I was suprised in a good way with the sound,,the video takes a while 'cos i want to do some good stuff, well ecceptable stuff and buy a good slide,,its really fun till this moment..

W.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic