TGLIve Dead or Alive?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
tovo

Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:31 pm

thedancer wrote:
You are being to diplomatic Tovo by showing the utmost respect when TG is showing no respect . The lack of response from TG is pathetic. Am I being negative towards Tg again. Answers on a post card please.

The Dancer
Hey Dancer. See the response from Cheryle mate. I expect there will be a more complete response soon. Thanks Cheryle.

TGNeil

Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi Gang,

I guess I missed this thread as it developed. Not sure about the necessity or definition of an"official response", but here are a few of my thoughts.

The last TG Live garnered less than 25 viewers. This was a time that Matt had to arrange to travel to be here, which is still the case. It seems to me that my time and energies are better spent creating more lessons, and particularly adding more Student Reviews and Fly On The Wall lessons, as a bigger group of Target Members seem to benefit from these.

At this point, many of the questions posed for TG Live have been addressed in one or more of the 50 or so odd hours of TG Live still available here. What I am thinking about doing is addressing questions from Target Members on the Weekly News occasionally. I would probably pick these from the Ask Neil Forum. Maybe it will become the TG Mailbag. There are other thoughts being kicked around in this direction.

I would not say TG Live is dead by any means but delivering the information that generally came through those episodes is evolving into a different, and hopefully more efficient state. I am confident there will be another episode someday but it will take the right series of events and circumstances. In the meantime let's see how the Mailbag evolves.

Neil

P.S. I'm a bit surprised how anyone could be a happy camper at a site that is pathetically unresponsive and shows such disrespect to its members. I trust some folks are getting something out of it.

Music Junkie

Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:55 pm

TGNeil wrote:
What I am thinking about doing is addressing questions from Target Members on the Weekly News occasionally. I would probably pick these from the Ask Neil Forum. Maybe it will become the TG Mailbag. There are other thoughts being kicked around in this direction.

That is a great idea.... :)
P.S. I'm a bit surprised how anyone could be a happy camper at a site that is pathetically unresponsive and shows such disrespect to its members. I trust some folks are getting something out of it.
Not really sure what this means...... :unsure: I'll just go about my enjoyment of this wonderful site. Everyone has a different idea of what should or should not be, I guess. I have always found that responses are quick. In most cases that I have seen, when Neil does not respond, it is because it has been answered correctly by someone else.... Maybe not though.... :unsure: I hope we don't go down a "flamer" road though on this topic. Such a negative way to go.... ;)

MJ

dtaylor

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:54 pm

I'm all for I'm more efficient use of time and energy, as the site is entirely dependent on one man for its core content we need to accept the culling of activities which provide less bang per buck. I'd be happy to forego TG live for more lessons, FOTW, reviews.

Dean

suziko

Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:04 pm

I've been a member of TG for almost 3 years and am very satisfied with the site. Although I always liked, in theory, the idea of a TG Live, it almost never fit in with my schedule to actually attend one of the sessions. I think I only ever attended one session. I think many people are like me with busy lives. So, personally, I'd far prefer to see something like a TG Mailbag with questions answered on the Weekly Wrap Up, which is something I do check out on a regular basis.

Suzi

michelew

Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:48 am

I like the weekly mailbag idea too. I think it would be especially useful if the forum post (the written thread) actually lists the questions that are being answered that week. I often don't get around to watching the news anymore, as I generally find it is a recap of the lesson releases primarily and the reviews. The mailbag idea has the added benefit of providing responses from our beloved guru without having to wait for a TG live and means that Neil can pick and choose where he is getting his questions from (which he does to some extent now I guess); the TG mail box, the ask Neil threads or from some other place on the forum. As a regular segment, it would also be a prompt of Neil to answer something.

I have enjoyed the TGLive webinars in the past. It is definitely good to hear Neil explain stuff, but they have are often at times that aren't so good for us down the bottom of the world (very early) or the folks in Europe (very late). I have enjoyed the social aspects of it too, :) but I suspect that has actually frustrated Neil, or probably more likely Matt, in the past.

I'm not saying don't do them at all. But, I think the TG mailbag is a great idea with lots of advantages. Up there for thinking Neil! :)

Shel

Chasplaya

Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:33 pm

TGNeil wrote:

The last TG Live garnered less than 25 viewers. This was a time that Matt had to arrange to travel to be here, which is still the case. It seems to me that my time and energies are better spent creating more lessons, and particularly adding more Student Reviews and Fly On The Wall lessons, as a bigger group of Target Members seem to benefit from these. This is a fair comment economies of scale etc etc; But the last one was put together very quickly as has been mentioned and a lot of people missed that it was even on

At this point, many of the questions posed for TG Live have been addressed in one or more of the 50 or so odd hours of TG Live still available here. What I am thinking about doing is addressing questions from Target Members on the Weekly News occasionally. I would probably pick these from the Ask Neil Forum. Maybe it will become the TG Mailbag. There are other thoughts being kicked around in this direction.

In the meantime let's see how the Mailbag evolves.

Neil
Thanks Neil, however, I think making the assumption that new members who ask questions that have already got answers in the previously recorded Live shows know to go there and find them is a risk. If an answer has been given already maybe a response to say that much at least is warranted and at least provide a link to the answer. The risk being... an apparent nil response may lead to a disenchanted member or potential member drifting away

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic