Live Chat??

Feel free to get outside the box here.
willem

Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:00 am

suziko wrote:
Terry, I agree. I think that 99% of the time, people behaved in the chat room. That was certainly not why it disappeared. My understanding (and I could be wrong) was that they installed a different type of software for the site a year or so ago, and certain things disappeared. The chat room was one of them but also our Walls (which Willem referred to) disappeared. Many of us have lamented that because the walls made informal interacting easy and fun. Your wall would have been found on your profile page, and it was an area where people could write a note to you and you could respond. I believe you can still update your status on your profile page, though I noticed that I haven't updated mine in 2 years!! :blush:

tacticaltal wrote:
:D LOL Suzi, I'm happy to hear that they had the decency to apologize. I'm sure, from my limited time here, our members would refrain from such nonsense.

I was just curious about it,, since heard Neil promoting it (it was an old video, though).

Cosmo, no, a Chat room uses "real-time" features, where people can enter and talk (or type, rather) to others who are also in the room. It's like talking on the telephone, you can get an immediate answer (well, sometimes immediate) :)

suziko wrote:
tacticaltal wrote:

Haha- I also remember some apologies for bad behavior being issued the next morning!!
There still is a chatbox,,if you look under the community button above a menu falls down,,when you click on TGcentral you get a page with a chatbox that works,,I just put in a line ''I love this site''

Willem

benfield113

Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:48 am

Hi Terry,

There is a 'chat room' function at the bottom of this page (under site features) . Don't know if it works as whenever I go in it just tells me who was last logged out (eg):

(16:41:11) System: benfield113 logs into the Chat.
(16:41:14) System: raydon199 has been logged out (Timeout).

There's never anyone else in there and it gets kind of lonely talking to yourself!!

Andy

tacticaltal

Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Dermot, yeah I know what you mean, just another distraction.

tacticaltal

Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:44 pm

benfield113 wrote:
Hi Terry,

There is a 'chat room' function at the bottom of this page (under site features) . Don't know if it works as whenever I go in it just tells me who was last logged out (eg):

(16:41:11) System: benfield113 logs into the Chat.
(16:41:14) System: raydon199 has been logged out (Timeout).

There's never anyone else in there and it gets kind of lonely talking to yourself!!

Andy
Well, I'll be darned (I wrote that in there as well) Thanks Andy. Now if a few of youins will log-in :D I'm on there now.

tacticaltal

Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:50 pm

willem wrote:
willem wrote:
There still is a chatbox,,if you look under the community button above a menu falls down,,when you click on TGcentral you get a page with a chatbox that works,,I just put in a line ''I love this site''

Willem
Willem, don't go to the "Community Button", instead, go to the bottom of THIS page where it says

Site features Resources Connect With Us Totally Guitars

Home
Free Guitar Lessons
Affiliate Program
Chat Room

benfield113

Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi Terry,

According to the chatroom stats I just missed you in there again. Have you ever managed to talk to anyone in the chat room?

Andy

tacticaltal

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:29 am

benfield113 wrote:
Hi Terry,

According to the chatroom stats I just missed you in there again. Have you ever managed to talk to anyone in the chat room?

Andy
Yeah, Willem and Dean managed to get on together the other night :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic