Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Terry,

Here's a link to some of the previous TG Live shows

Link
Previous TG Live

Dermot

suziko

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:49 pm

There did used to be a chat room, Terry, which is maybe what you're talking about. It wasn't something I used much, though I do remember a few members getting a little wild in there after hours! :)

Suzi

tacticaltal

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:53 pm

suziko wrote:
There did used to be a chat room, Terry, which is maybe what you're talking about. It wasn't something I used much, though I do remember a few members getting a little wild in there after hours! :)

Suzi
THAT's what I'm talkin' about, Suzi :D

tacticaltal

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:55 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Terry,

Here's a link to some of the previous TG Live shows

Link
Previous TG Live

Dermot
Hey Dermot, thanks for digging that up. It was very interesting, though that's not what I was referring to.

cosmicmechanic

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:12 pm

Hi Terry,

Are you referring to the kind of chat box that is accessible by the "Community" link on the top menubar ?

I don't know how much it has been frequented over time ... the page says the last entry was a couple of days ago.

The link is the following:
http://www.totallyguitars.com/community

suziko

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:25 pm

tacticaltal wrote:
suziko wrote:

Suzi
Haha- I also remember some apologies for bad behavior being issued the next morning!!

tacticaltal

Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:47 am

:D LOL Suzi, I'm happy to hear that they had the decency to apologize. I'm sure, from my limited time here, our members would refrain from such nonsense.

I was just curious about it,, since heard Neil promoting it (it was an old video, though).

Cosmo, no, a Chat room uses "real-time" features, where people can enter and talk (or type, rather) to others who are also in the room. It's like talking on the telephone, you can get an immediate answer (well, sometimes immediate) :)

suziko wrote:
tacticaltal wrote:
suziko wrote:

Suzi
Haha- I also remember some apologies for bad behavior being issued the next morning!!

willem

Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:11 am

tacticaltal wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Neil has adressed this a little while ago when the same question came up, besides a lot of fun for the members loggin in, the live-chats has appeared to not be very beneficial (hard to express in english what he meant, sorry!). So nowadays he usually anwers questions through the weekly wrap up.

Edit: Oops, I think we're talking about two different things here. Or maybe we are talking about the same thing??? :S Liveshows, that's what I was talking about and you?
Well, something like Live Shows, but more like an optional unofficial chat, where members could log on when they wanted to and chat live with or without video.

I think Rick covered the problems, above.
oKe I thought you mend the life streaming shows,,but It was something else you mend Terry,,,the call it ''THE WALL'' that was awesome too..we sang too each other,, not really but with typing words..

WILLEM

thereshopeyet

Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:21 am

Terry Wrote:
Hey Dermot, thanks for digging that up. It was very interesting, though that's not what I was referring to.
Live chat.... :ohmy:
I didn't know about that either not sure I'd use it I spend enough time
between the lessons and forum.

Dermot

suziko

Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:52 am

Terry, I agree. I think that 99% of the time, people behaved in the chat room. That was certainly not why it disappeared. My understanding (and I could be wrong) was that they installed a different type of software for the site a year or so ago, and certain things disappeared. The chat room was one of them but also our Walls (which Willem referred to) disappeared. Many of us have lamented that because the walls made informal interacting easy and fun. Your wall would have been found on your profile page, and it was an area where people could write a note to you and you could respond. I believe you can still update your status on your profile page, though I noticed that I haven't updated mine in 2 years!! :blush:

tacticaltal wrote:
:D LOL Suzi, I'm happy to hear that they had the decency to apologize. I'm sure, from my limited time here, our members would refrain from such nonsense.

I was just curious about it,, since heard Neil promoting it (it was an old video, though).

Cosmo, no, a Chat room uses "real-time" features, where people can enter and talk (or type, rather) to others who are also in the room. It's like talking on the telephone, you can get an immediate answer (well, sometimes immediate) :)

suziko wrote:
tacticaltal wrote:
suziko wrote:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic