New Lesson

Feel free to get outside the box here.
drfuji

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:54 pm

Must be something really good coming...Haven't had a new song lesson in a week..!!!

willem

Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:15 pm

drfuji wrote:
Must be something really good coming...Haven't had a new song lesson in a week..!!!

Your right,the last one was a week ago,,

delete!!! :blush: :blush: :blush:

enough stuff to work on,,yes indeed!!! and very distracted,,,but not confused..thx for an exellent year, :blush: :blush: :blush:

Merry Xmas and a happy and fun New year,,, B) B)

TGNeil

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi All,

This is not meant as a specific reply to the original post as much as a response to a few similar messages we have received.

Interesting comment here that I can probably shed some light on. When we started the Target Program three and a half years ago we had 50 songs in the library with a promise to add 4-6 a month, along with a steady flow of Student Reviews, Fly On The Wall Lessons,Theory and Technique Packages, and even more Free Lessons.

It is a good thing to try to keep things balanced, and sometimes I think it is better to put out more Reviews or FOTWs, or whatever. As much as we try to keep everybody happy there is always someone who wants more of something they feel we are neglecting.

Up until very recently the new song rate has been at least three a week. This partly led to a surplus of other lessons that I wanted to get out by the end of year. The last two weeks had one new song each, allowing me to start catching up on releasing some of the other material.

I have also alluded to some projects that I have in development that are big and time consuming, hoping to have them done, or at least started early next year. I also hoped to have a couple of very cool things later this week but taking time today to clarify this issue may delay those a bit.

On a side note- I did a little inventory check as of November 30, 2012 and found our library now consists of approximately:

480 Target Song Lessons
400 Student Reviews
150 Fly On The Wall Lessons
20 Theory/Technique Packages
60 Complete Free Lessons

This alone is material for multiple lifetimes for most students I have taught personally (probably about 5,000 or so), not sure how the mileage might vary for our global audience.

I seem to remember earlier complaints about so much new stuff that members couldn't stay focused and kept getting distracted like kids in the candy store. Now here we are trying to shift the balance for more choices and it continues to show we can't please everybody.

A last side note- our long time members might remember that we shut down new releases over the Christmas week. This year will be the same but it will extend through New Year's Day. I hope everybody has enough to work on to stay busy and focused, maybe even spend some time with the family.

I will be signing off with the News Friday, hopefully with a couple of cool surprises before then, and picking back up with everybody on January 2.

Neil

Music Junkie

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Neil:

So, in other words, you have been slacking off this week...... :P :P

I'd like to say thanks for yet another great year on this wonderful site. You have truly made learning to play a joy for me. I will always be grateful.... B)

J

BigBear

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:48 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Hi All,

This is not meant as a specific reply to the original post as much as a response to a few similar messages we have received.

Interesting comment here that I can probably shed some light on. When we started the Target Program three and a half years ago we had 50 songs in the library with a promise to add 4-6 a month, along with a steady flow of Student Reviews, Fly On The Wall Lessons,Theory and Technique Packages, and even more Free Lessons.

It is a good thing to try to keep things balanced, and sometimes I think it is better to put out more Reviews or FOTWs, or whatever. As much as we try to keep everybody happy there is always someone who wants more of something they feel we are neglecting.

Up until very recently the new song rate has been at least three a week. This partly led to a surplus of other lessons that I wanted to get out by the end of year. The last two weeks had one new song each, allowing me to start catching up on releasing some of the other material.

I have also alluded to some projects that I have in development that are big and time consuming, hoping to have them done, or at least started early next year. I also hoped to have a couple of very cool things later this week but taking time today to clarify this issue may delay those a bit.

On a side note- I did a little inventory check as of November 30, 2012 and found our library now consists of approximately:

480 Target Song Lessons
400 Student Reviews
150 Fly On The Wall Lessons
20 Theory/Technique Packages
60 Complete Free Lessons

This alone is material for multiple lifetimes for most students I have taught personally (probably about 5,000 or so), not sure how the mileage might vary for our global audience.

I seem to remember earlier complaints about so much new stuff that members couldn't stay focused and kept getting distracted like kids in the candy store. Now here we are trying to shift the balance for more choices and it continues to show we can't please everybody.

A last side note- our long time members might remember that we shut down new releases over the Christmas week. This year will be the same but it will extend through New Year's Day. I hope everybody has enough to work on to stay busy and focused, maybe even spend some time with the family.

I will be signing off with the News Friday, hopefully with a couple of cool surprises before then, and picking back up with everybody on January 2.

Neil

Neil- Very well said!! I've got enough to work on for 3 or 4 lifetimes. Or until the next great song comes out! LOL! You guys, especially you personally, are fantastic and as a very old Target member I remain incredibly satisfied. Wouldn't change a thing.

Thanks for all you do and very best wishes for a joyous Christmas holiday and the happiest of New Years!!

Cheers!! :cheer:

drfuji

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:49 pm

Wow!!! Sorry to ruffle your feathers...I thought I was just making an innocent comment....

Merry Christmas...

unclewalt

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:53 pm

I noticed the dropoff in actual lessons, too. And I might be disappointed since I'm generally much more interested in those than I am in the Fly On The Walls or the feedback ones. Except for the fact that there are a whole bunch of lessons here that I wanted to get into the day I joined, soon after the Target program launched. And there are many dozens more that have been added since (just counting the ones I actually want to learn, never mind the rest.). And I haven't touched most of them. I thought way back then that I'd have "Embryonic Journey," "Linus and Lucy," and "Little Martha" all in my fingers by now, but I haven't even started on them, and it will be a while before I do.

I think it's just a matter of people having gotten used to seeing new lessons on an almost-daily basis -- it's certainly always fun to see what's new. But people will also get used to the slower pace, especially when they consider the existing inventory.

In some ways, it's a relief. I can catch up on all (or, well, some of) the ones I really wanted to get to without being distracted by new stuff all the time. Which is not to say I don't yearn for "Clap" and any number of ragtime/Piedmont/country blues tunes!

Music Junkie

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:58 pm

drfuji wrote:
Wow!!! Sorry to ruffle your feathers...I thought I was just making an innocent comment....

Merry Christmas...
Don't take it too seriously..... I don't think there were any feathers ruffled. Neil was just recapping some news and statistics from way back. We really have been spoiled over the last several months..... ;)

J

BigBear

Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:08 pm

drfuji wrote:

Merry Christmas...
I know Neil and he isn't offended. I joined this site the same week they started Target and these guys have wildly exceeded all the expectations they originally promised. Wildly exceeded!!

Lessons come and go, sometimes in bunches so don't be discouraged. Sometimes there are three or four in row that I don't really care for, like Lou Reed. But that doesn't mean a lot of other players won't love the songs. And then three or four will come out that I want in my bag of tricks (songs) and I'm busy for months.

I guess we've all learned that there is only one maestro on this site and to just go with the flow. But your comment did present a good opportunity to look back at where we were and where we're going!! So it's all good!!

:cheer:

willem

Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:15 pm

BigBear wrote:
drfuji wrote:

Merry Christmas...
I know Neil and he isn't offended. I joined this site the same week they started Target and these guys have wildly exceeded all the expectations they originally promised. Wildly exceeded!!

Lessons come and go, sometimes in bunches so don't be discouraged. Sometimes there are three or four in row that I don't really care for, like Lou Reed. But that doesn't mean a lot of other players won't love the songs. And then three or four will come out that I want in my bag of tricks (songs) and I'm busy for months.

I guess we've all learned that there is only one maestro on this site and to just go with the flow. But your comment did present a good opportunity to look back at where we were and where we're going!! So it's all good!!

:cheer:

HALLELUHJAH

hAPPY HoLIDAYS Bear..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic