New Lesson

Feel free to get outside the box here.
suziko

Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Like others, I'd also noticed the drop-off in lessons recently, and I'll admit that my first reaction was along the lines of "what gives??" But I then started looking at the lesson menu and realized that there are still dozens (at least!) of songs that I haven't gotten to yet and which I want to learn.

I think it's easy to get sucked into the "give me more" mentality, but it's important to remember that we might already have more than we can even use. If I stop finding enough useful and interesting material on TG, then I will leave the site and look elsewhere. However, I don't see that happening any time soon.

Suzi

Chasplaya

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Well I figured it was the holidays! :) Like Neil said, last year and the year before it was kinda the same (and I guess the year before that too), quite logical since december is to most people a month of celebrations and getting ready for it.

Looking at Target, Neil makes some excellent points here....! :)

dtaylor

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:01 pm

I started a thread on How Many Songs Do You Know, as I'd made a list of the songs I need to refresh, it runs to about 60 songs.

I also made a list of new songs to learn, ones that I really want to make time to learn, that will add value and skills, the list has 45 songs on it...

Long story short, if there was literally nothing new on the site for 6 months I'd still be happy as a pig in muck.

Now, back to practicing...

tombo1230

Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:26 am

Hi Neil,
like you have said there is a library of song learning/educational material on this site. I have way more songs than I could ever learn in forever and a day at my fingertips on this site. so I for one am more than happy with the sterling work you and your good crewe do to bring us all of these great lessons.

I know you will have new and exciting things to bring us in the New Year that you have hinted at and I look forward to whatever that will bring.

Have a great festive holiday and enjoy Christmas with your kith and kin. Get those batteries recharged for next year! :)

I extend those wishes to all the members and backroom staff who make this site so great to be a part of. Many thanks! :)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic