I'm an idiot I know but !

Feel free to get outside the box here.
coomba

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Hello I know that this must have been explained before but can anyone point me to or explain to me how to upload a video to the forum as I have no Idea. I did do it once years ago but I have forgotten how I did it (yep idiot I know). :blush:

Sorry to be a pain. but Ive bee searching through the forum and cant seem to find the info.

My computer dumbness is showing again :dry:

Cheers
Scott

michelew

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:32 pm

Hey Scott!

Things have changed a little regarding uploading videos. If you want to upload a video:

- in a busking thread then go here http://www.totallyguitars.com/busking/

- for review go here http://www.totallyguitars.com/index.php ... Itemid=223 or enter through one of the review posts and then punch the "upload your video" tab.

I assume, however, that you want to put up a banner video. I suggest that you upload your video to youtube then when you have the address for that video (housed on youtube) then simply insert the address into the banner thread post. I find the way to get a video to come up in the post in a playable form is to pull up the video on youtube and then copy the address at the top of the page rather than just using the address that youtube gives you. Inserting that slightly different address generally inserts a video window into the post. If that doesn't work, then at least you've got the link which people can click on.

Good luck.

M.

coomba

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:50 pm

Thanks so much Michele

and your assumption is correct.
Some how I knew you would help me (must be psychic)

Thanks again
Scott

unclewalt

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:07 pm

What is a banner video in this context?

coomba

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:22 pm

Its just a quick video regarding the TG Banner that's traveling the world , as each person receives it and signs it you can take a pic or video of yourself just to put a face to it. You can play a bit or say something about where you are from or what you like about TG and the community its up to you really.

Its not as far as I know compulsory to do such a video but its kind of nice to see everyone next to it if that makes sense. Wammer started it with a few others when they got together and its just grown from there.

Cheers
Scott

Now I just have to follow Michele's instruction to try and put mine up. :dry:

michelew

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:30 pm

coomba wrote:
Thanks so much Michele

and your assumption is correct.
Some how I knew you would help me (must be psychic)

Thanks again
Scott
You're very welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing your banner contribution.

M.

Uncle Walt - Here's a link to the thread. If you haven't looked at it yet you're in for a treat. But, I hope you've got a lot of free time, it's a monster. :)

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/4-g ... -tour.html

unclewalt

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:29 pm

Ah, gotcha, thanks.

It looks like most people who post in the "busking" topics just paste in a YouTube link, right?

michelew

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:47 pm

Uncle Walt, we used to post links for the busking videos, but now we have the custom designed busking video uploader. You can access it via the link above. It sorts your video into the appropriate thread as long as you've chosen the right band. Maybe we'll see an upload from you in one of the threads soon.

Cheers.

M.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic