A suggestion for the "All lessons" page

Feel free to get outside the box here.
thereshopeyet

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Uncle Walt Wrote:
One thing that might help (assuming it wasn't brought up earlier) is the relatively little-known Google site search, which is often far superior to a site's own search function
What a great tip, I've found a few things quickly since reading your suggestion.

Thanks

Dermot

:ohmy:

Edit
Look what Google Search does behind the scenes when searching ..... Amazing.... and so fast !!

How Google Finds Your Needle in the Web's Haystack

:laugh: :laugh:
:woohoo:

auntlynnie

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Hello TG people and everyone,

First, I want to say that I think we are so lucky to have this problem...that being that there are so many lessons that it is difficult to scroll through them all.
They represent a tremendous amount of work on Neil's part, and the staff's, and we are the beneficiaries. i think we can all agree that the site is a great value for the monthly subscription.

There have been a lot of good suggestions, and I'm not enough a programmer to know what might be possible. So, maybe if we can give some specific websites or links to ones that employ the type of searches we are suggesting, maybe the techies can tell us if the changes are possible.

Lynn

unclewalt

Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:34 pm

Better navigation would be great. But it will never satisfy everyone, no matter what is done. And the template for this site frankly isn't the best or the most up-to-date, so there isn't all that much that can be done without a total redesign. But really - it's not all that hard to find stuff given that every artist and title is on one page. I would suggest making every artist and every song viewable on the page again, though, so that stuff can always be found via control-F.

thereshopeyet

Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:46 am

Walt Wrote:
I would suggest making every artist and every song viewable on the page again, though, so that stuff can always be found via control-F.
That's a good idea.... just add an Expand All[/b ] button at the top of the page, see image below, that way we could toggle between full listing and abbreviated listing.

The Ctrl F works on the expanded listing.

Click To Enlarge Image:

When I find a lesson I like, it's always interesting to read what was going on in the forum when it was released.
At the moment there only a link from the forum to the lesson.

I'd really like to be able to toggle between the lesson forum and the lesson and visa versa.

Dermot

unclewalt

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:56 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
When I find a lesson I like, it's always interesting to read what was going on in the forum when it was released.
At the moment there only a link from the forum to the lesson.

I'd really like to be able to toggle between the lesson forum and the lesson and visa versa.

Dermot
Agreed. Early on, some people tried to comment on the lesson page itself - where there is a space for comments, after all -- but were mostly ignored in favor of the forum topic. Maybe incorporate the lesson pages themselves into the forum, if possible?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic