Original Song Called Chasm

Feel free to get outside the box here.
buddy

Wed May 29, 2013 7:23 pm

Here is an original song about how politics and ideologies can divide otherwise sane people.

Bud

tombo1230

Wed May 29, 2013 8:25 pm

Wow buddy, that was really quite excellent! I'm a bit stunned, that was every inch a professional song, played and sung with great style, fantastic lyrics.
I am used to viewing your quality cover uploads but that being an original was every bit as good if not better. Well done! I am often suprised at the talented
people on this forum, it's happened again, I should be used to it by now. B) :)

Tom N.

kelemenj

Wed May 29, 2013 8:47 pm

thanks for posting. I like the chord progression, very nice to improvise over. Been alternating between G minor and some related modes. It's great as it is but maybe you could dub some leads onto it. Anyway, very cool.
John

michelew

Wed May 29, 2013 11:26 pm

Hey Buddy,

This is a really stirring song. The lyrics are really powerful, your singing is passionate and the guitar work creates a dark mood that carries it.

I particularly like the timing, feel and sound of the verses, it grabs your attention from the get go.

Really nice job.

BTW - that's one interesting looking and BEAUTIFUL guitar in the photos. Is it rosewood and cedar?, cocobolo and cedar? What is it made of and is that what you're playing in this song? I love the rosette and the side sound hole too.

M

lueders

Thu May 30, 2013 12:48 am

I really like that arrangement Buddy. I like REALLY like that the guitar is real sparse in places and suits the lyrics quite nicely in my opinion.
Just outta curiousity I'd like to see this tabbed out as to what u are actually playing. I am always so impressed when someone can sing a melody over a guitar accompaniment that is more intricate than just a big chordal wash of sound. (I hope that made sense.) I can barely walk and chew bubblegum at the same time. So I find that impressive, you do it so well.

buddy

Thu May 30, 2013 10:32 am

tombo1230 wrote:
Wow buddy, that was really quite excellent! I'm a bit stunned, that was every inch a professional song, played and sung with great style, fantastic lyrics.
I am used to viewing your quality cover uploads but that being an original was every bit as good if not better. Well done! I am often suprised at the talented
people on this forum, it's happened again, I should be used to it by now. B) :)

Tom N.
Thanks so much Tom, It feels like you really put yourself out their in an original tune so I am really happy that you liked this !

Bud

buddy

Thu May 30, 2013 10:34 am

kelemenj wrote:
thanks for posting. I like the chord progression, very nice to improvise over. Been alternating between G minor and some related modes. It's great as it is but maybe you could dub some leads onto it. Anyway, very cool.
John
Thanks much John for listening and your ideas on this as well, Bud

buddy

Thu May 30, 2013 10:40 am

michelew wrote:
Hey Buddy,

This is a really stirring song. The lyrics are really powerful, your singing is passionate and the guitar work creates a dark mood that carries it.

I particularly like the timing, feel and sound of the verses, it grabs your attention from the get go.

Really nice job.

BTW - that's one interesting looking and BEAUTIFUL guitar in the photos. Is it rosewood and cedar?, cocobolo and cedar? What is it made of and is that what you're playing in this song? I love the rosette and the side sound hole too.

M
Hi Michele, Thanks for your comments and thoughts on this tune. I had this guitar built for me by Saville Guitars. It has a red cedar top and Madagascar rosewood back and sides. It is the guitar I am playing in this song and the cedar top really adds a richness that I was looking for. The side hole is a sound port and I really like it because it allows yoou to really hear the guitar while you are playing it. I had this built with a wider fret board to fit my hands better and it made a big difference when I do finger style type songs. Take care and thanks for listening, Bud

BobR

Thu May 30, 2013 11:43 am

Hi Bud,

Very well done IMHO. Those are some intense lyrics .

Bob

buddy

Fri May 31, 2013 9:39 am

lueders wrote:
I really like that arrangement Buddy. I like REALLY like that the guitar is real sparse in places and suits the lyrics quite nicely in my opinion.
Just outta curiousity I'd like to see this tabbed out as to what u are actually playing. I am always so impressed when someone can sing a melody over a guitar accompaniment that is more intricate than just a big chordal wash of sound. (I hope that made sense.) I can barely walk and chew bubblegum at the same time. So I find that impressive, you do it so well.
Glad you enjoyed this tune. I will work on a tab and try to get it up.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic