Original Song Called Chasm

Feel free to get outside the box here.
lueders

Fri May 31, 2013 9:47 am

buddy wrote:
lueders wrote:
I really like that arrangement Buddy. I like REALLY like that the guitar is real sparse in places and suits the lyrics quite nicely in my opinion.
Just outta curiousity I'd like to see this tabbed out as to what u are actually playing. I am always so impressed when someone can sing a melody over a guitar accompaniment that is more intricate than just a big chordal wash of sound. (I hope that made sense.) I can barely walk and chew bubblegum at the same time. So I find that impressive, you do it so well.
Glad you enjoyed this tune. I will work on a tab and try to get it up.

Bud
Thanks, buddy that'd be real cool!!

dekotaj

Fri May 31, 2013 10:01 am

Way to go Buddy.

Sounds really good. I've always enjoy hearing you play and sing. Look forward to some more original tunes from you. Bravo!!

Kev

MarkM

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:28 pm

Outstanding Bud!! Very nice chord progression you found here. I particularly like the verse picking and the second (slowed down) chorus. Sorry it took me so long to watch. Been traveling lately. Great mix by the way. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

buddy

Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:05 pm

dekotaj wrote:
Way to go Buddy.

Sounds really good. I've always enjoy hearing you play and sing. Look forward to some more original tunes from you. Bravo!!

Kev
Thanks much Kev !

buddy

Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:06 pm

MarkM wrote:
Outstanding Bud!! Very nice chord progression you found here. I particularly like the verse picking and the second (slowed down) chorus. Sorry it took me so long to watch. Been traveling lately. Great mix by the way. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM
Thanks much Mark, doing original songs is harder than I would have thought so I really appreciate the feedback.

Bud

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Holey moley Bud, that was powerful and intense! As Shell mentions, the guitar sounding suitably dark for the lyrics. Congratulations on your creativity.... a fitting song for the times.

wiley

Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:14 pm

jayswett

Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:31 am

That was really a powerful song. I admire your efforts and talent, and wish I had the courage to do something like that. Keep it up.

carpet

Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:17 pm

Hey Buddy. Don't think I've ever spoken with you before, but I've seen your playing, and always enjoy it. You're a confident and capable guitarist and singer.

And songwriter!

Congratulations on the song - it was about as lucid a rendering in song of the modern 'zeitgeist' (forgive me) as I think anybody could achieve. I think you relayed everybody's feelings about modern society on your track. Clear, concise and honest. Good tune, well sung. Loved the intro particularly.

I'm from the UK, but I know approximately how things are divided up in the US - the same themes and undertones are to be found here in Britain, though they wear slightly different clothes.

Keep up the good work!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic