accurate tabs

Feel free to get outside the box here.
Lavallee

Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:15 am

I think Villageac might refer to some earlier lessons where Neil would spice up the play through with some improvisation not covered by tabs. There are maybe 10-15 of those in the lot. There are some others were the tab is simplified to show a short solo or just a riff but the strumming chords are in the pdf file.

I have been a member since the beginning of TG and tackle many songs and I would say the tabs are quite accurate.

Marc

tedted3

Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:04 pm

I completely agree with what you are saying. I have been frustrated for a long time with Neil's tabs. When he plays a demonstration to a song it is usually incredible and the way I want to play it. He then posts some the chord structure and some melody. (sometimes). Then I lose him sometimes and have to watch over and over again. What makes this site the best of any other site is the Neil takes a song and plays it to include melody and bass runs. However, he doesn't always do a good job explaining it to a visual learner. I wish he would do better explaining the song the way he plays it with tab. I want to learn the song. I would still like theory lessons included in songs but not just using that song as an example. Thank you for posting this. This still is by far the best site, but it could be so much better with not much more effort.

TGNeil

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Hi Gang,

I know there are some older lessons that included mostly improvised Play Through segments and we have added tab to many of them over the years. As a matter of fact the Landslide Chord Solo tab is one of these. I just took another look at it and it is a good representation of combining the chords and melody.
One of the obvious differences is that I add in a few full chords in spots rather than just the melody note. Some of the melody notes are played in different rhythmic spots as well but this is the type of variation that makes it interesting. It should come out a bit differently every time.
If you have taken a good look at that and it is still not coming out the way you'd like I might suggest taking advantage of Uploading A Video for Review and I could address any specific problems.
If there are other lessons out there that still have this problem please list them and I will get to updating as many as possible.

Neil

tedted3

Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:41 pm

I may have already done this but here goes again. Quick list; Truckin and Field of Dreams. I look for more. Thanks for all your help Neil.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic