Song selections

Feel free to get outside the box here.
thereshopeyet

Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:03 am

That's a great video Lynn..... a good start to the day !

Dermot

:)

kwadams88yahoocom

Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:39 am

Hi Lynn-

Excellent job, sounds just like it. I would very much appreciate it if you could show me how you are playing it. I look forward to your response!

Thanks Keith

auntlynnie

Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi Keith,
Here's a video where I try to explain what I'm doing.
As I said in the video, go to the Tips, Techniques, Theory section, then Techniques, then Fingerpicking 101, then take a look at patterns. Download the attachment and look at Pattern I.
That should get you started.

Here's the video:

[video][/video]

Lynn

willem

Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:48 pm

auntlynnie wrote:
Hi Keith,
Here's a video where I try to explain what I'm doing.
As I said in the video, go to the Tips, Techniques, Theory section, then Techniques, then Fingerpicking 101, then take a look at patterns. Download the attachment and look at Pattern I.
That should get you started.

Here's the video:

[video][/video]

Lynn
Lynn fantastic,,,l am inspired 'cos the lyrircs ,,,I made this(I did't play it) I can send the mp3 if someone wants,,I even can remove the voice and maybe put it in a slower tempo..this is in the key of Bb...don't know if i do right but they can always remove it,,

No voice,tempo minus 20%

auntlynnie

Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Wow! So is that you singing Willem?
Wonderful!

willem

Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:43 pm

auntlynnie wrote:
Wow! So is that you singing Willem?
Wonderful!

No no Lynn,,not guitar playing not singin it (I wish).. its just a track where i could work with...I deleted some other tracks

I edit my post with a slower version and no voice....

Willem

Music Junkie

Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Lynn:

Your efforts here are what make this site such a great place. It was very kind of you to take the time to crate a clip and post it for everyone. B)

BTW, you are looking more and more comfortable all the time with your hand positioning and your fingerpicking was excellent! I am certainly envious. ;)

Jason

TGNesh

Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:26 pm

Hey Keith, Lynn, Willem, whoever :),

I couldn't resist to take a look at this as well, I actually really like the 'In Color'-song. In the video I've kinda played the intro as I can hear/watch it when Jamey performs this on stage. He does play this very randomly though, but there are a few notes that he tends to play every time he performs it, although sometimes he just skips the intro and start singing right away.

Anyway, let me know what you think and I'll check with Neil whether or not I could turn it into a lesson (that is if you wouldn't mind me teaching it instead of Neil). Maybe I'm way out of line by saying this..... :dry: ...

Oh well... :)

TGNesh

Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:27 pm

Amen!! :) :)

Music Junkie wrote:
Lynn:

Your efforts here are what make this site such a great place. It was very kind of you to take the time to crate a clip and post it for everyone. B)

BTW, you are looking more and more comfortable all the time with your hand positioning and your fingerpicking was excellent! I am certainly envious. ;)

Jason

kwadams88yahoocom

Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:32 pm

Lynn,

I am going to check out those tips and techniques within the site for sure!

Willem- I appreciate your videos also, they should be very helpful for learning this song!

Much appreciated! :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic