Red Dirt or WTF was that??

Feel free to get outside the box here.
wiley

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:07 am

I know this guy has a few fans here and since a recent thread started me off on what's country, what's not and so on....

I would by all means love to learn this particular song if Vanessa is willing (or Lynn or even Neil)

Or, if we can't handle that one, how's 'bout

Have a good Friday out there now......

TGNesh

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:38 am

Alright, first one, key of E, what chords can be expected?? :P

suziko

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:59 am

1, 4 and 5 would be E, A and B The relative minor is C#m. Then possibly F#m and G#m to round out the key.

TGNesh

Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:10 am

Yep, absolutely!! :cheer:

suziko wrote:
1, 4 and 5 would be E, A and B The relative minor is C#m. Then possibly F#m and G#m to round out the key.

wiley

Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:52 am

WOW - That was quick - thanks Suzi (and Ness) Honestly I was just in the mood to be a bit lighthearted today.

Actually - "She's Got A Crush On Me" is not a Paul Thorn original, it was written by Donnie Fritts, who has been Kris Kristofferson's keyboardist sine 1973!

Let's not get into what 'genre' Paul should or shouldn't be boxed in, He did at one time open for the likes of Toby Keith and Kenny Chesney but...... THIS is the 'country' music I know, and love. "She's Got A Crush On Me" starts off kinda con-descending, "She's a little bit overweight, she's not a fashion plate" - yet, if and hopefully, when, you listen on, it becomes clear the entire thing is actually a love song. A shout out so to speak to a wife saying - look, I know we ain't perfect, but thanks for loving me for how I am, I love you for who you are too. After-all, how many of us ain't a 'little bit overweight'/ I guarantee ya I am!

And I can only hope my wife (of 36 years) still has a crush on ME!! Pretty sure she does>>>>>> ditto

Number two, "I Don't Like Half The Folks I Love" reminds me pretty much of my own 'extended' family..............We don't have no "Family Reunions" no more!! Can't afford the Doctors and Bailsmen!!

Any hoot- pretty easy, key of "A" - progression of I - IV - I - V, ending the verses with a refrain to I - add a hook in the chorus of IV - I - II - V to start.

thereshopeyet

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:56 pm

We don't have no "Family Reunions" no more!!
What does that actually mean......

We do !

:S

jimi40

Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:50 am

Great songs. Thanks for posting. I try not to get caught up in the genre, just like good music. Part of the reason that I like the Dead so much, blues, rock, country, bluegrass they have it all. I can see Jerry singing the second song.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic