love the blues from his basics,,but how to play it now??

Feel free to get outside the box here.
willem

Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:37 am

Basic

this is the one would like to play/study

for fun of it

thereshopeyet

Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:49 am

Willem

1958 was a good year for some, now I know why I'm feeling the blues!!
Big Bill Broonzy checked out ! :(
How you play it...
:ohmy:

willem

Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:07 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
Willem

1958 was a good year for some, now I know why I'm feeling the blues!!
Big Bill Broonzy checked out ! :(
How you play it...
:ohmy:

yes Eric toke his place.. I guess and many others.. feeling the blues eh.. B) B)

Max

Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:55 am

Here's another one that I consider one of the great "Blues players".
STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN

Here's 2 clips, one acoustic and one plugged in.

Here's a quote from Eric Clapton about Stevie:
Eric Clapton I don't think anyone has commanded my respect more, to this day. The first time I heard Stevie Ray, I thought, "Whoever this is, he is going to shake the world." I was in my car and I remember thinking, I have to find out, before the day is over, who that guitar player is. That doesn't happen to me very often, that I get that way about listening to music. I mean, about three or four times in my life I've felt that way, in a car, listening to the radio, where I've stopped the car, pulled over, listened, and thought, I've got to find out before the end of the day, not, you know, sooner or later, but I have to know NOW who that is.
...and I remember being fascinated by the fact that he never, ever seemed to be...lost in any way...It was as though he never took a breather...or took a pause to think where he was gonna go next, it just flowed out of him. It's going to be a long time before anyone that brilliant will come along again.
I didn't get to see or hear Stevie play near often enough, but every time I did I got chills and knew I was in the presence of greatness.He seemed to be an open channel and music just flowed through him. It never seemed to dry up.
I have to tell this story: We played on the same bill on his last two gigs. On the first night, I watched his set for about half an hour and then I had to leave because I couldn't handle it!. I knew enough to know that his playing was just going to get better and better. His set had started, he was like two or three songs in, and I suddenly got this flash that I'd experienced before so many times whenever I'd seen him play, which was that he was like a channel. One of the purest channels I've ever seen, where everything he sang and played flowed straight down from heaven. Almost like one of those mystic Sufi guys with one finger pointing up and one finger down. That's what it was like to listen to. And I had to leave just to preserve some kind of sanity or confidence in myself.

willem

Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:16 pm

Max I think he knewed that question and anwser game very well,,hope you understand what I mean,,,

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic