Fingerstyle lessons

Feel free to get outside the box here.
jimsearls

Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:41 pm

I need a recommendation. I have been playing guitar for many years now and enjoy your target lessons. I want to learn some theory about how chords are built, and other theory that will enhance my playing. I don't need to know the basics about guitars.

Can you recommend lessons that will fit my need? Thanks

michelew

Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:52 pm

Jim,

Firstly a big hello from Sydney and welcome to the forum.

There are a heap of fingerpicking song lessons that are likely to help you on your way. I'll list a few of my favourites in a moment. But, I think what you really need is the Acoustic Genius Series. It will help you to build your theory, including how chords are built and a huge amount of stuff that will help to unravel the mysteries of music theory specific to the guitar.

Fingerpicking songs... Well it really depends on your taste and your level of experience with fingerpicking, but some that I've really enjoyed have been as follows:

- For you
- Landslide
- Beautiful mess
- give me one reason
- Longer
- Time in a bottle
- more than words
- true colours
- blackbird
- Annie's Song
- never going Back Again
- here comes the sun (fingerpicking version)

Actually... There really are a STACK of fingerpicking songs. Try the Acoustic genius and then just pick song lessons you think you'll be prepared to invest time into learning.

Enjoy.

Michele

Music Junkie

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:57 pm

jimsearls wrote:
I need a recommendation. I have been playing guitar for many years now and enjoy your target lessons. I want to learn some theory about how chords are built, and other theory that will enhance my playing. I don't need to know the basics about guitars.

Can you recommend lessons that will fit my need? Thanks
Jim:

Welcome, and thanks for checking in at the forum. Michele gives a great starting point, at the Acoustic Genius Series. Neil goes over the Construction of chords there, along with scales, intervals, modes, etc. All of which is are a great foundation to start branching out.... B)

Hope that helps.

Jason

jimsearls

Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:00 pm

Thanks Michelle. I have learned a lot of those. I will check out the Acoustic Genius Series.

jimsearls

Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:01 pm

Thanks Jason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic