A question on "Slowpoke" by CSN&Y

Feel free to get outside the box here.
willem

Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:10 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Hi Gang,

Willem- good ears! It is not just a standard Bm7, there is something else to it. Keep experimenting and exploring.

Neil

Then maybe,,maybe NY was hitting a wrong string,,,

Willem

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:25 pm

daryl wrote:
I definitely think the D is incorrect in the G D Em progression. But I have not suggested that it should be a Bm7. I don't know what it actually is. It could be a particular Bm7 voicing or it could be some other entirely different chord. My guitar is not handy right now for me to search for the chord. Good luck. And you ear isn't bad. You got the harmonica section correct. I'm sure you can find the proper chord in the body of the song. It definitely sounds like it is in the 1st position.
Thanks Daryl. I agree, it does sound like it is in the first position or at least that end of the fretboard... ;)

Neil posted that it was not just a standard Bm7 chord, so I feel good about that too. I am thinking maybe some sort of altered chord with B in the bass. I will just have to mess around with it a bit.

Thanks again!

Jason

TGNesh

Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:49 pm

Well he didn't say it wasn't a Bm7, just not a 'standard' Bm7! B)

Or maybe.........indeed, experiment and explore! ;)

Music Junkie wrote:
daryl wrote:
I definitely think the D is incorrect in the G D Em progression. But I have not suggested that it should be a Bm7. I don't know what it actually is. It could be a particular Bm7 voicing or it could be some other entirely different chord. My guitar is not handy right now for me to search for the chord. Good luck. And you ear isn't bad. You got the harmonica section correct. I'm sure you can find the proper chord in the body of the song. It definitely sounds like it is in the 1st position.
Thanks Daryl. I agree, it does sound like it is in the first position or at least that end of the fretboard... ;)

Neil posted that it was not just a standard Bm7 chord, so I feel good about that too. I am thinking maybe some sort of altered chord with B in the bass. I will just have to mess around with it a bit.

Thanks again!

Jason

thereshopeyet

Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:39 pm

Hey Jason....

I really like that song ..... sounds familiar........ My Song...... yep!!
It comes naturally.
It's the way I'm made.
:(

:laugh: :laugh:

Link......Slowpoke - CSNY

http://www.totallyguitars.com/images/fb ... y_Song.zip

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:19 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Hey Jason....

I really like that song ..... sounds familiar........ My Song...... yep!!
It comes naturally.
It's the way I'm made.
:(

:laugh: :laugh:
Dermot:

Thanks for that. I always use that site as a fall back, after I have beat my head on the wall too long trying to figure it out by myself... :woohoo: :huh: :woohoo: :huh:

J

willem

Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:13 am

so the D chord should be an Em7sus4 020200,,,,Jason now you can write a song too?? Faddsharpeleven!!! ;) :laugh: B)

Willem

Music Junkie

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:06 am

willem wrote:
so the D chord should be an Em7sus4 020200,,,,Jason now you can write a song too?? Faddsharpeleven!!! ;) :laugh: B)

Willem
Willem:

Your sense of humor is boundless... ;) I love it.

Jason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic