Technique question

Feel free to get outside the box here.
fjeanmur

Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:51 am

dtaylor wrote:
Jean, the best explanation is on Imagine, Part 11, 11 minutes in. That's the Solo version.

Dean
Thank you. I will look there.

thereshopeyet

Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:47 pm

Dean, I missed this..... thanks

Dermot

:)

wiley

Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:53 pm

Try "Hector Garcia (Classical Guitar)" - "Irish Dance" - "Part4. Right Hand Technique" or we could just do this;

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

willem

Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:09 pm

Hi,,Neil talks a bout it in the instrumental version from ''yesterday'' in the break it down video,,,..

I could'nt find Vanessa song were she talked a bit a bout this quickroll arpeggio,,

I think it works just as when you pinch a chord you have to land on the whole chord(all your fingers ) and then do the quick roll,,other then putting the fingers down in order you need them while fingerpickin..

Willem

TGNesh

Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:13 pm

Hi Jean, great question and such a great technique to use in your playing! :)

The lesson that Willem refers to is, I think, Graham Nash' 'Try To Find Me', in which I indeed talk about it, but in the Imagine-lesson, that Dean pointed out, Neil really explains it. (Hector Garcia gets a bit into it as well.)

Also, Dermot, it's not something to tab out, the roll just counts for one beat, even though the notes you play are separated.

Ness

thereshopeyet

Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:43 pm

Vanessa Wrote:
Also, Dermot, it's not something to tab out, the roll just counts for one beat, even though the notes you play are separated.
Hi Vanessa.
I wasn't refering to tabbing out the roll....... I'll look at all the song references posted here for that.

Dermot

fjeanmur

Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:41 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Hi Jean, great question and such a great technique to use in your playing! :)

The lesson that Willem refers to is, I think, Graham Nash' 'Try To Find Me', in which I indeed talk about it, but in the Imagine-lesson, that Dean pointed out, Neil really explains it. (Hector Garcia gets a bit into it as well.)

Ness
Hi Vanessa!

I knew I could count on you! One beat, huh? Ok, I'll keep that in mind. In the meantime, I'll look at the Imagine lesson and maybe end up working on that as well. I needed a new place to go. Thanks!

thereshopeyet

Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:57 pm

Hello Jean

Have you seen Sandy's FOTW's also for Windy and Warm?

Transitions - Windy & Warm with Sandy

Alternating Bass Notes with Sandy

Dermot

fjeanmur

Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:31 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Hello Jean

Have you seen Sandy's FOTW's also for Windy and Warm?

Transitions - Windy & Warm with Sandy

Alternating Bass Notes with Sandy

Dermot

Hi, Dermot,

Yes, I have seen the transitions one. I'm not sure about the other.

I think the best explanation for what I'm looking for Dean mentioned and that is from the solo section of Imagine. Neil explained well what I had never tried before. Through his reassuring honesty he just said that getting the hang of something like this is going to take time. :)

But thanks for the video suggestions!

Jean

thereshopeyet

Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Hello Jean

I didn't suggest the videos as an answer to your question.
I thought , if your learning Windy and Warm, you might be interest in other videos about it.
Great to hear you've seen them.

Dermot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic